velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorANBUdevin
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012

my Motobecane has been riding pretty weird lately, the rear wheel rubs up against the the chain stays. i'm sure if the they are bent right now i loosened the tension and it rides fine, but i have to but the chain back on the chain ring. if anybody knows whats wrong with my bike, please help me

bike: 2012 Motobecane Track
    gonna need more info... pics won't hurt either...

track bike? wheel just out of alignment in the drop outs?
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012

it sounds like your wheel just isnt centered properly

walk the wheel back to tighten the chain,

or maybe im misunderstanding you.

Try riding the bike without ur hands on the bars, if it rides straight, its prolly not bent.
    unless you've inflected some sort of truly SIGNIFICANT blow... I would highly doubt you've bent it...
    • CommentAuthorANBUdevin
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012

yeah its a track bike and i'll have some pics uploaded ASAP
    • CommentAuthorANBUdevin

• CommentAuthorShaku

Content unavailable. Use the picture shrinking tool that the Upload page here on Velospace links you to
    Either resize them... Or upload to flickr or something.
    Posted By: R_o_b_s_o_nEither resize them... Or upload to flickr or something.

They are private from Facebook. Just copy image location and paste it
    • CommentAuthorANBUdevin

Yeah those photos dont help. Take a photo of the entire rear triangle and the back view of the bike. from those pics it just looks like you bolted that wheel crooked. Check on both sides of your track ends, are the bolts sitting the same place?
    • CommentAuthorANBUdevin

yeah i figured out the problem and you were right benson, i bolted the wheel crooked. i also found out that my BB is starting to unscrew itself every time skid stop. thanks again to every one for helping me out
    Posted By: ANBUdevini also found out that my BB is starting to unscrew itself every time skid stop

You sure its you bb? Not your cog and lockring? You should really take it to a shop before you damage anything farther.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: bensonisajew
    Posted By: ANBUdevini also found out that my BB is starting to unscrew itself every time skid stop

You sure its you bb? Not your cog and lockring? You should really take it to a shop before you damage anything farther.

While you're there, it may be prudent to ask a lot of questions so you learn how to do stuff properly on your own and avoid unnecessary damage to your frame, as benson said, and unnecessary trips to the LBS
    The bolts on your axle might be slipping making the wheel turn crooked. Tighten your Axle bolts! Go to the LBS to get your BB tightened....
    • CommentAuthor2011

Skidding is clearly causing the drive side of the rear wheel axle to pull forward from the extreme torquing. It's also probably fucking up the bearings of your bottom bracket, if you're riding it while loose.

Solution- get it tightened up.... and stop the pointless skids. Skidding was sooooooo last year man.
    Yep, your axle sounds messed up, possibly broken...that will cause drive-side torque to misalign your rear wheel, driving it into the left chainstay.
    Posted By: HealthybounceYep, your axle sounds messed up, possibly broken...that will cause drive-side torque to misalign your rear wheel, driving it into the left chainstay.

I think it might just be a case of not tightening the axle nuts enough...
    Not tightening your axle nuts then complaining when your wheel starts rubbing is like not putting air in your tires and wondering where all the 'drag' is coming from....that is to say...it's fucking retarded.
    • CommentAuthor2011

Some frames and hubs are just bad combinations and slip really easy. Having a knurled spacer on the side and washer on the outside would help.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.