velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorCheyTac
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012 edited

hey guys i just figured i would make a build thread for my fuji. it's a 52cm 2009 model. currently have a WHITE 46t sugino messenger crank and look clipless pedals. pictures will be going up tomorrow as i am at work (i work swing shift so i have this kind of time). i don't know why i went with a white crank. i was impatient and black was out of stock. so idk i'll probably balance it out with a white fizik saddle. pictures tomorrow. and please feel free to suggest parts because any advice would help. this isnt my 1st build but i could always use some help. bye for now.
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012

this is my fuji (minus the crank. the crank isn't mine)
    Quite alot of seatpost cut already. Have you been sized for it?
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac

here is the crank i picked up. going to get a white fizik saddle to balance it out and a black 48t chainraing
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012 edited

Posted By: bensonisajewQuite alot of seatpost cut already. Have you been sized for it?

i'm not sure why the picture looks that way but there is actually alot of seat post left to adjust. i was sized up though.
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac

i also picked up some LOOK carbon pro clipless pedals today. pictures up tomorrow
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Get FSA Compact Wing Pro bars. Benson recommended them to me and they are waaaay comfortable.
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac

Posted By: Chris VGet FSA Compact Wing Pro bars. Benson recommended them to me and they are waaaay comfortable.

i'll definately give them a look. thanks
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Check my Pista Concept build thread, there are some great recommedations on parts to get for street/track build.
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012 edited

Just bought some deda elemanti pista drops. I love these drops I've used them twice before.
    Man I hated those bars they were so uncomfortable.
    ^

im starting to not like track drops now.. its getting uncomfy.

fsa omega here you come!!
    • CommentAuthorChris V
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012

FSA Compact wing are bettuhr! I like the flat shape type thing on the top part
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012

ha i loved these drops. had them on my other builds so i figured why not haha
    i cant afford a few $$$ for the wing pro.. LOL
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012

i know it's been a while since the last post but i picked these up this morning and i love them. test them on my friends bike and they feel great. i believe they are a 44
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012 edited

Posted By: CheyTaci know it's been a while since the last post but i picked these up this morning and i love them. test them on my friends bike and they feel great. i believe they are a 44

Socks. Really. Always. Bike shoes aren't made for comfort, and they'll rub nasty sores into your feet if you don't have a protective layer. Once you've got sores, it hurts like hell to get your shoes snug enough for safety.

I am being reminded right now of the truth of this observation.

(owie)
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac

Posted By: eaglerock
    Posted By: CheyTaci know it's been a while since the last post but i picked these up this morning and i love them. test them on my friends bike and they feel great. i believe they are a 44

Socks. Really. Always. Bike shoes aren't made for comfort, and they'll rub nasty sores into your feet if you don't have a protective layer. Once you've got sores, it hurts like hell to get your shoes snug enough for safety.

I am being reminded right now of the truth of this observation.

(owie)

ha i've had my fair share of sores just because i saw other people riding without socks
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: CheyTacha i've had my fair share of sores just because i saw other people riding without socks

And my sores are from riding with socks. It could have been worse.
    cicadashell jr. the elder would always ride without socks, despite my parental admonitions. he never complained of sores, but now that he's in his 20s he may begin to see the point.

i wear a 44 shoe in the warm months, but also have a pair of 45s to go with the thicker socks i wear in the winter. i can't imagine not wearing socks.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.