velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorchabokee
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012

any fun bike stuff going on near holyoke ma.
    just moved up here
    Don't know about Holyoke, but there's a sweet paved railtrail out of Southwick, MA heading south. If you do dirt, there's another rail-trail up in the SW corner of NH- along the Ashuelot River. Hinsdale to Keene NH. Rode it this fall on my touring bike with 28mm tires and fenders- fun, but I would recommend fatter tires or a mtb or cyclocross rig. There's some trails around Northampton too. Check out the local shops- I'm sure there's some organized road/ mountain rides or other events happening before things turn white....maybe after:)
    • CommentAuthorchabokee
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012 edited

thanks, skinny tires for now but im building up a cross ss, just waiting for some parts to get here. hopefully before the snow does.
    ps ive noticed that some feel its bad form to post w/ out having a bike posted. sorry, i will fix this as soon as my phone is introduced to my computer.
    Nice. CX has always had a following in Mass. I had a 90's Hot Tubes frameset- ended up selling it impulsively to fund another project. God that was a sweet frame! Aaah, regrets:(
    • CommentAuthorchabokee
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2012

i love that im geting info about where i moved to from someone who lives where i moved from, eat a hoagie for me- grinders just aren't the same.
    and yeah ive hit the bike trails in n hampton, good fun, now i just need some folks to ride w/
    Go ride your bike up Skinner State Park.

There are endless great routes in the pioneer valley. I miss it. A lot.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.