velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I know this may be a dumb question, but I was wondering if it's possible to equip the 06' pista concept with a steel(or aluminum) fork. Following that is there any forks out there that that closesly resemble bianchi pista concept's fork? I've had the fork for awhile, and I'm starting to worry more about the fork failing every year. Maybe I'm just going crazy with all the talk about carbon failing.
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012

Do you do barspins or trick with it? If not don't worry about it, they're strong forks as long as you don't do stupid stuff with them.
    • CommentAuthormuckymucky
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012 edited

Posted By: stevenschroederis there any forks out there that that closesly resemble bianchi pista concept's fork?

bianchi pista concept fork is the same Alpina track fork seen on dolans, etc.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpina-1-1-8-th-Integral-Carbon-Alloy-Track-Fork-/320756749278?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item76c0c9c688
    http://www.dolan-bikes.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=219
    • CommentAuthormoy123
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012

i think its just the same mold. i also always wonder why they look so alike!
    but its the same thing,
    like the guy on top said as loong as you dont do dumb thinks nothing should happen!
    I never do, strictly riding, guess people have just been getting in my head. Thanks for all the input guys.
    • CommentAuthorChris V
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012

I have the Alpina fork on mine (yet to ride, unfortunately) it's basically the same thing and if you're in the Bay Area there's 2 great deals on CL
    • CommentAuthorAphex139
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012

A steel fork on an aluminum frame with an integrated headset would look hideous IMO. Listen to these guys.
    Yeah, I've seen it done before on the new firefly track bikes and it looks super awkward, that's why I was asking (what I meant to say) if there were any steel forks that looked like the stock carbon fiber forks.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.