velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011

Posted By: eaglerock
    Posted By: peazweag
    Posted By: the rabbishrugged his shoulders and said, "... fixed gears, eh?"

See? There are advantages to zombie thread resuscitation. Sometimes an essential truth is posted just a few posts/years above.

Haha wow, I clearly was not here for that (or gave up after the first page), because I never read that comment. What a classic encounter. I would have punched that kid in the face.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Eh, I was on vacation and didn't need that stress.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

any future frustration towards fixieism on your part will be well warranted, if it was not already
    Since this thread does not appear dead yet, please let me help beat it to death. Anyone that thinks they can stop as fast on a fixed w/o brakes as someone with brakes is delusional. It's like a guy on a motorcycle making a case for it is safer to ride without a helmet. In either case if you choose to ride without brakes or a helmet fine. Just do your best to accept that it is a huge risk. Find someone with brakes and have a stopping distace contest, see the difference and accept the risk. A foolish risk for the style of your ride!

In my opinion.
    I put a brake on my bike last night. I should have done this 10 bikes ago.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: Chris V
    Posted By: Tracker
    Posted By: Chris VMy friend does this type of skid where you whip your bike to the side alot and he stops with 2 to 3 seconds and only skids for like 5 feet

I did that on my lo pro i had the back washed out and I ate it. I only kick the back out a little bit, mostly keep it strait.

He used to ride dirt bikes and its similar to a move dirt bike riders use on turns

it's called a "cutty", and you don't use brakes to do them.

and no, i'm not talking about fixed gears.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: bensonisajewI put a brake on my bike last night. I should have done this 10 bikes ago.
    *like*

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.