velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorJeromyd
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011

i have a lil wobble not huge but was wondering if there is anything i can do to get it back to perfect. i had a wreck in a alley cat this past weekend. The hed is a hed 3 with aluminum braking surface.

Check for cracks. I am pretty sure once it is untrue you cannot do anything about it.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd

There are no cracks just one scratch on the braking surface the tire took the brunt of the hit.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Supposedly i've heard you "bake" the rim back into shape w/ your own oven (not recommended)

but if you contact the company, i've heard some will be willing to bake it for you.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd

Bake on my own i think not lol. But i suppose i should contact Hed? im not sure what year this thing is or anything but i do know its a rear converted to front with a freewheel thread.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011

My tri spoke has 3 spokes
    Hed 3/Specialized Trispokes, and for that matter, any other carbon wheel (such as Corima, Spinergy, etc) are not truable.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=15257

Have fun with your sweet fixie wall ornament.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011

Ha well its no wall ornament by any mean i promise you that! im gonna ride the shit out of it till it explodes i don't give a shit it isn't even a noticeable wobble while riding or braking bu ton the stand it is noticeable

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.