velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorJeromyd
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2011 edited

A thread can be closed and sunk which is fine by me but for others to comment after its closed is weak.

As for you common sense comment my post is the reason why there should be a rule stated cause i am new to this forum but im not new to posting on a forum.
    So i did what anyone with common sense would do read the rules! And nothing was stated about For sale posts if you truly feel that a rule isn't needed i suppose that's
    your own ignorance.

But in defense for people who are new and do read the rules section not knowing if it were aloud or not maybe something should be changed why is it such a fuss over the thought of putting proper information for YOUR forum in the RULES THREAD. I suppose giving someone who READS the Rules is a bad idea.

Sounds ignorant to me.

But hey that is just coming from some dumb new guy that's been here for 2 weeks that followed said "rules".
    Even though it wasnt in the rules you should use common sense. When i see someone post a for sale in the forums i think of someone standing outside of a pawnshop selling things instead of going in.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2011

Its Fine but the argument was that it is in the rules and its complete BS cause it is not or i wouldn't have ever posted it. What goes through the mind of a person that think common sense should be used in this situation? I followed the posted rules! Is that wrong that i read the rules and followed them and was told i cant do something that's the argument and if it were posted i wouldn't have done anything of the sort. Im lost at how anyone can say i was in the wrong when all i did was follow rules. Its like getting a ticket for going through a green light it doesn't make sense.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

it's not like your in trouble or anything, you posted something that wasn't allowed, we let you know it wasn't allowed, and you argued about it.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd

i state a fact about how you told me its not allowed but in the rules which i read clearly and in now way am i thinking its right that i posted a fs thread now that i know its not allowed but i think it should be stated in the rules thread and my post is a good reason clearly on its own.
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2011 edited

Posted By: Jeromydi state a fact about how you told me its not allowed but in the rules which i read clearly and in now way am i thinking its right that i posted a fs thread now that i know its not allowed but i think it should be stated in the rules thread and my post is a good reason clearly on its own.

it's not in the rule book, deal with it.

go ride a bike.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Super awesome way to get to know a forum community.

Sorry you are all butthurt, It didn't look like anyone was attacking you. Now you know.

Welcome.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

can we bring in the memes now?
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd

Spoken real well. Sense were on a deal with it term.

I suppose the idea of putting something in there for future users is a bad idea cause it makes no sense?

It makes clear sense and for someone who apparently has the kind of mod access to change the rule thread and just put
    -NO FS/WTB threads are to be posted they will be CLOSED/SUNK .

I suppose my opinion is that your ignorant and in no way want to help other new users.

In no way does your "deal with it" make you sound smart nor does it make sense.

"deal with it" <-- really your being told a idea that would help stop future post on this forum and you neglecting to even give it a little thought your response has stated that clearly.

Maybe you should deal with the problem correctly and make your RULES CLEAR!
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

Hey come on guys its almost friday...

• CommentAuthorJeromyd

Posted By: Aaron CSuper awesome way to get to know a forum community.

Sorry you are all butthurt, It didn't look like anyone was attacking you. Now you know.

Welcome.

Ha belive me i in no way feel like getting to know the "community " if it is ran unclear.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

They are not my rules, i did not right them, if you want them to be changed, please consult with the owner of the sight, Greg. you can do this by directly messaging him here : https://velospace.org/user/1

I apologize for my comment, I'm getting frustrated.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

You need to calm down.

Greg owns this site, Its his call. Why don't you ask him nicely in a PM or on the "Welcome" forum.
    Running on about this and that is only making you look stupid.
    People told you not to post FS threads on the forum, MOVE ON.
    ive been here for almost 5 months and havent looked at the rules once but ive seen ppl post fs ads in the forum and the result is usually "its not allowed" so i figured i shouldnt do it.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: Mancha150Hey come on guys its almost friday...

It kills me that the little Minne stuff gets listens. Weird to see this kind of stuff blow up.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd

Its already been done. and the point has been taken believe me and i do not in any way feel that you were in the wrong but i do feel if im gonna get told that i didn't follow the "rules" which in the post i started i was told that it was stated and it is not allowed i also feel i should be shown where the rule is stated and if the rule is there fine im wrong. But if it is not i think it should be put in there as soon as possible to stop future incidents from happening. i mean if you ask me its pretty simple and should be done so it doesn't happen again.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Posted By: Aaron C
    Posted By: Mancha150Hey come on guys its almost friday...

It kills me that the little Minne stuff gets listens. Weird to see this kind of stuff blow up.

One cool kid knows about it next day all the cool kids are listening to it... but most people that listen to atmosphere arent 13 year old groupies that listen to certain music because it's the cool thing on the radio.
    Jeromyd: We hear you. You want this unspoken rule which you "broke," that no one is mad at you for breaking, to be made clear so that future users don't embarrass themselves as you did. Message received. You're getting shit here because you keep going, and going, and going. Eventually people are going to start actively provoking you, and by the looks of it, you're going to keep on responding. Continuing on this path will not make things better.
    • CommentAuthorJeromyd

As for a comment making me look stupid i cant see where or how my argument is not that my post was wrong it is the fact that something should be changed to show that its not allowed. Also if you look at the post i put up i was told by the mod that it is stated. Then was told it is not in there. sense i have been a member on here i have yet to see a FS get sunk nor have i looked back far enough to see a post to open so that's the only reason why i did it i get im in the wrong for doing it but it was not stated that it shouldn't be done.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

my boss listens to atmosphere...

Although he's cool as shit.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.