velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthortreehugger
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited

So...wear a helmet when you ride, because you never know when a buck is going to go head to head with you!

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011

dayum
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited

I would like to make a comment from the bucks point of view, but I feel bad for the guy.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011

It's hard not to believe that that hartebeest wasn't aiming for the cyclist.
    In post-apartheid South Africa, deer hunt YOU
    • CommentAuthorjburnha
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011

Poor guy! ...This summer I was cycling / camping in a few national parks out West, and repeatedly I was told, "If you see bison, get off your bicycle and walk it or if you can wait for a truck and flag him down to drive you far out of visible range" of the 35mph running half-ton beasts. One park ranger thought it was only road bicycles with "curvy bars" so I assumed the drops must look like horns or something..? Anyways, there was only one occasion where I came around a bend while climbing and there was a heard of them (in Roosevelt National Park (a really gorgeous place!)) and I just turned around and rolled back down the hill glancing rather occasionally over my shoulder thinking, "I can do 40 mphs, right?!?" No joking matter as Tracker points out (but hellafast's comment is funny as hell). Safe riding y'all!
    • CommentAuthortreehugger
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011

Ridiculous....
    thats why i promote hunting

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.