velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

It would seem that everyone thus far is sharing there opinions based on personal experience, or most likely what they have heard and understand to be true.

Does anyone know where there is information about this backed by verifiable facts? I looked around on http://www.sheldonbrown.com/articles.html but didn’t find what seemed to address this half link question. The whole Sheldon Brown site is a wealth of knowledge in my opinion, provided you can get your head around his formulas or don’t loose interest waiting to get the information your there for...
    I dont know about half lin chains- but I have gotta say, not all chains are equal, those colored Z chains are total crap! I can stretch them out in a matter of a few hard rides.
    and the bottom end Izumi track chain seems to hold up great. I have been running the same chain for 2 months with no stretch.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009

^my bad
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009

Wow. I provoked controversy.

Also, props to the one guy who got the Sabbath reference.
    I doubt Sheldon Brown ever got around to half link chains. I don't know if you're really even gonna find any specific information you're looking for on them. You obviously have no reason to trust what the company is going to tell you about their own chain, and kids who ride bmx really don't care about the lateral strength of a chain, they just want to know that it'll hold up when it smacks off the side of a ramp or railing.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.