velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Is this possible ? My dad recently bought a P3 so he has no need for the P1.

I was just wondering if I could convert it into a fixed ? I mean where the rear wheel goes -[ the 1 1/2 inch slot thing ._. ] is identical to a regular fixed/track frame ?

Would it be safe to ride it if it's possible to convert it ?

Thanks for answering !
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011

No they're different, and with a P1 might as well sell it and buy a fixed gear. You could do it if you want but.... its "your" bike so do whatever you want.
    thanks for the reply tracker :)

If I did actually convert it, would the ride feel different if I bought an actual track bike ?
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Yeah the geometry is pretty different.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

well, it does have rear facing horizontal dropouts but like tracker said, different geometry. lower bb, steep seat tube angle, slack headtube angle.
    sell it and buy something to better fit your needs.
    To the contrary of these gentlemens opinion, I have been riding track bikes on the street for quite some time and have recently converted to riding a timetrial bike with horizontal drop outs. I do alot of the street races in LA and the geometry on this type of bike is much better for the road. Keep in mind that when you get a track frame (geometry) its not built to be road in street conditions so the geometry may be better for the track, but you will always have a level of discomfort when it comes to bumpy roads and wind condition. I would do th conversion and run a brake, but keep in mind this is the opinion of someone who predominately rides fixed in street races.
    p.s. Cervelo only makes geometry for road and time trial, bikes that are seen as cervelo track bikes are actually time trial frames with horizontal dropouts.
    • CommentAuthorTracker

I forgot that Cervelo's T3 is the same as the P3 just with track dropouts, but not sure if its the same with the P1 and the T1.
    • CommentAuthorsoukietron

I want to see this. Sounds fun.
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011 edited

Posted By: TrackerI forgot that Cervelo's T3 is the same as the P3 just with track dropouts, but not sure if its the same with the P1 and the T1.

there is no "dropping" in "track dropouts" they are track ends

get your facts strait GOSH!

hahahahah
    • CommentAuthorTracker

But they cant be perfectly strait so it could have .00000001mm of drop.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

straight*
    • CommentAuthorTracker

I know strait is like that thing that is almost like that other thing that has water.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

wut
    • CommentAuthorTracker

You NO its like that thing over they're that there property has.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

wut
    • CommentAuthoruhler

oh damn, i said strait too, i was reading an article on straitline products right before i wrote that, there's my excuse...

i was reading this: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Straitlines-Prototype-Hydraulic-Gyro-Interbike-2011.html
    • CommentAuthorTracker

I got lazy, I knew some one was gonna comment on that but I didn't feel like changing it.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

its two extra letters...

straight - 8 letters
    strait - 6 letters
    • CommentAuthorTracker

and they're rite next to each other on the keyboard! So I have no excuses.
    I'd be wary of the bottom bracket height. Why not just put gears on it?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.