velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011

no, cervelo track bikes and tt bikes have very different geometry.
    tt geo http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2011/P1/geometry/
    track geo http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2011/T1/geometry/
    not saying that track is better for the streets, because its not. road geometry is ideal for streets, and that would be the reason it has stuck around for so long. tt bikes are designed for timetrials: mostly flat, not a lot of turning with a short top tube for aerobars. track bikes obviously designed for the track. although almost any bike *can* be ridden in almost any situation, it's not ideal. for most peoples "fixed gear" purposes road sport geo is just fine. to answer your question of "will it ride like a track bike" it certainly will not.
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Oh thanks haegan for telling me I thought they were the same.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

although the p3 and t3 are the same
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Oh yeah cuz I read that they were the same (p3) and figered the t1 was to.
    Yo dawg, the only fixie chicks you gonna get with a P1 fixie is 35 year old newbie triathletes in mom jeans.

I suggest you sell it and get a sweet ass gnar core bikes direct fixxxie and put Supreme stickers all over it.
    • CommentAuthorKevint143
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011

*disclaimer* I did not read anything other than the title so i apologize if this has been said already*

DUMB DUMB DUMB DON'T DO IT DUMB
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011

Kevint we didnt want to ruin the little guys dreams.
    Dont do it! You wont be able to barspin!
    Yeah.. I decided not to convert it .

The bike shop told me it isn't a good idea :[

I know this is completely off topic, but how does a gear ratio of 53/18-19 sound ? Or a 51/17 sound ? I live in SoCal so there aren't really BIG BIG hills like they do in other parts ^_^
    I live in LA and run a 52/17 on my beater. its a pretty good conditioning ratio for most circumstances though it is a bit more strain pushing up some of the hills LA has to offer. My other set up is a 49/14 that I use in street races and fortune 700's.
    • CommentAuthorsoukietron
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2011

Posted By: bourgeoisebradI live in LA and run a 52/17 on my beater. its a pretty good conditioning ratio for most circumstances though it is a bit more strain pushing up some of the hills LA has to offer. My other set up is a 49/14 that I use in street races and fortune 700's.

shit, man. 49/14? I just switched to 48/15 and it's kicking my ass after a good sprint. Now I feel like a pussy. RESPECT!
    .... I'd say something about average speed and cadence here, but whatever. More gear inches does not necessarily mean a rider is choosing their gearing properly.
    Big gearing=faster to coffee shop!

hahaha I try to average around 80 or 90rpm... and I'm guessing if he's using that gearing for street races that he's going faster!
    Only if your cadence is good, or should I say, only if your legs are strong enough.

god knows my thighs and glutes(sp?) have been feeling deliciously sore this past week since I made the switch from 44/17! Drastic... I know. I have big legs and no upper body strength! :(
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Just went from 42/17 to 48/17... I'm gonna need a 19t cog... haha
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: Chris VJust went from 42/17 to 48/17... I'm gonna need a 19t cog... haha

Wait, I thought you said you only changed 4 teeth.
    • CommentAuthorTracker

I thought he only changed 2 teeth.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: Chris VJust went from 42/17 to 48/17... I'm gonna need a 19t cog... haha

Wait, I thought you said you only changed 4 teeth.

6 teeth, must of been a typo. I should probably change the gear ratio on the details of my bike too it has the ratio from when I first got the bike haha

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.