velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

hey guys I have the stock pedal straps that came with the pedals I got, but I have trouble slipping my feet into them due to the pedal turning. I can barely get one on, getting the second one on is out the window for now. lol. any tips from the "vets" in here?
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2011

Maybe your straps are to tight or your shoes are to big for your clips but problay it's the straps. Also put one foot in when your stoped and go slow and put the other in.
    I always see people have alot of people having trouble putting foot in their clips when they have their stock pedal setup. Its usually the cheap flimsy cages and straps that dont hold their shape and hard to flip over. I suggest in investing in some steel cages and suede double straps its worth every penny(MKS+Toshi) Or you can get bmx pedals with Holdfast straps those are great for wearing any shoes and comfortable for city riding.
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Yeah double straps are the way to go.
    http://www.retro-gression.com/product/laminated-leather-double-straps

Best budget straps right now. Equivalent to Cadences.
    Posted By: bensonisajewI always see people have alot of people having trouble putting foot in their clips when they have their stock pedal setup. Its usually the cheap flimsy cages and straps that dont hold their shape and hard to flip over. I suggest in investing in some steel cages and suede double straps its worth every penny(MKS+Toshi) Or you can get bmx pedals with Holdfast straps those are great for wearing any shoes and comfortable for city riding.

yeah mine flip when I try to put my foot in. it's like I'm sitting there playing a game trying to sneak my foot in, looking like a fool to anyone passing by lol
    Posted By: Morephenomenalhttp://www.retro-gression.com/product/laminated-leather-double-straps

Best budget straps right now. Equivalent to Cadences.

cool, thanks for the suggestion, I may check those out to upgrade to in the future
    • CommentAuthorrelyt

once you start using the stock straps more they start to hold shape better making it not as hard to get into. but double straps are a great investment and much easier to get into. and if you can get plastic double clips i would, my metal ones always seem to get crushed and wont bend back into place.
    Out of all the cages I've used I like the All City plastic cages the best, they are made for double straps and I break steel cages like crazy. It may sound weird but I am a huge fan of pairing those cages with double straps and Odyssey Twisted bmx pedals, it is so comfortable, you can work in them all day and your feet will feel great. (you will have to buy longer bolts from a hardware store to fit them on but it is worth it)
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2011

velo orange is making super affordable double laminated straps.
    • CommentAuthorsickz
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011 edited

run two individual straps.. if one breaks you have backup.. double straps dont cinch down as tight as a single strap does... btw. two single straps are for redundancy assuming you're riding brakeless... that's my approach atleast. i run one lamenated strap + one nylon strap on each pedal.. size 11.. MKS L steel cages... the alum MKS anodized cages are thinner and not as durable... and if you're BB is low.. they'll crack at one of the toes faster than the steels.. plus the steel is cheaper.
    • CommentAuthorpawn shop
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011

if you ever run shimano 105's you can get straps at performance for like 4 dollers
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011

If you're super broke, you can just get two single straps and cross them over each other, creating one large "Euler-esque" strap. I second the comment about All-City cages, my metal cages have been bending on me.
    • CommentAuthorpulso49
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2011 edited

Iv being riding fixed gear for about 3 year now
    and for me the toe clips with leather straps don't work they always snapped on me
    and this one time i almost ate shit bombing a big ass hill when the leather strap snapped on me

i have a big foot and i always have had trouble with track pedals
    i switched to platform pedals and got myself some SHILLING IS NOT ALLOWED for 35bux
    and i never look back ...i like the snug feeling that they have on my feet
    those straps last me way LONGER then them cheap leather/cage straps

Admin edit: advertisement removed.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.