velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorlui4
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011

Which ones are better for track racing etc. Stiffer, and weight differences maybe some flaws?
    If you have to ask, then it doesn't matter.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

Posted By: octopus magicIf you have to ask, then it doesn't matter.

I honestly think we have found an answer to nearly every individual question that comes up as its own thread.
    • CommentAuthor2011

In the same exact length, both with matching stock chainrings and standard matching BB's, they are 2 grams difference in weight.

Stiffness... stiff enough for everyone here, plus more.

Flaws... more so on the Omnium-side than the Sugino-side.

I agree with 2011. only addition is that I have heard and seen issues with ankles hitting on SRAMs crank arms. I've never had this issue, just had it happen to friends.
    SRAM is cheaper. Much cheaper and I think it's super stiff. Possibly a tad stiffer than my sugino 75s (I'm a big guy so I need stiff cranks). I just hate the SRAM chainring, I switched my out for a 75 within a week of riding.
    Another bonus for the 75s is they look classier, at least to me.
    Omniums because they're cheaper and stiff as shit. I have them on my Pista and love em, no issues whatsoever. I opted not to put them on my second frame purely for aesthetic reasons (they are kinda beefy). Unfortunately, they've become a lot more popular and as a result the price has gone up. There was a time you could cop them brand new for $165, now you could consider yourself lucky if you find them for slightly under $200.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011 edited

yeah I figured there's still some deals around, but I haven't been looking for them. Last year, I had a feeling the price was gonna go up so I copped an extra set from bikeisland for $165 shipped. You know, just in case.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011

Thats true, since now bike island is selling them for 240...

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.