velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorkumotaki
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011 edited

Okay, everybody loves fixies and so do I, but there's something I definitely need to understand.
    Please note that my question may contain a certain amount of irony, though extremely low, and that I expect to be properly flamed for not purifying it enough before posting. You faint-hearted readers should not proceed further down the thread without proper flame-retardant insulation.

So, back to the point. Everybody can build a bike the way he/she likes it, I couldn't care less. But what's the point pairing a deep drop stem, Nitto Jaguar-like, with risers that put the hands level with the top of the stem? Could any knowledgeable hipster enlighten me on the superiority of such a build compared to a standard drop stem and flat bar?
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011

jesus christ hosana in the highest this thread already exists por favor haz el esfuerzo de hacer una pinche busqueda carajo no mames
    • CommentAuthorkumotaki

This is a good start! Keep goin'
    • CommentAuthorLegislator

The other thread isn't even old, use the search function bra.

https://velospace.org/forums/discussion/3927/riser-bars-in-a-track-stem/
    • CommentAuthorkumotaki
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011 edited

Gosh, actually you guys are right, this thread already exists! And what's more, it's quite recent. I'll flame myself first then! I'm a moron! I want to erase myself form the surface of the Earth. Or at least erase my redudant thread. How do you do that?

...tho I sincerly regret not being the first evoking the subject. I've been thinking about that for quite a long time. Anyway, shame on me!
    one word explains it all "hipster"

peaceout ^^v
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

Maybe they already had the drop stem and they decided they wanted risers, so they just replaced the handlebars.
    • CommentAuthortrigzz

if anything, you could just have used the quick questions thread.
    • CommentAuthordiscotraxx

Posted By: SkidMarkMaybe they already had the drop stem and they decided they wanted risers, so they just replaced the handlebars.

good point. or maybe perhaps they didn't want to put their risers on a horizontal stem?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.