velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I am looking for a good pair of bullhorn bars and can't decide which to get (nitto,soma,syntace). Any suggestions?
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008

An old pair of road drops cut down does fine.

Otherwise the Nitto RB series are ok if you like the shape
    yup flip and chopped I had a few bullhorn bars in the past one nitto and one old skool cinelli but I like the 3t flipped and chopped once better... they are pretty narrow (36cm) maybe that's why
    • CommentAuthornonamer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008

syntace stratos, working great for me. real comfortable, they were only 20 bucks too.
    • CommentAuthorebrep1
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited

NITTO B263AA Mini Bullhorn

The narrowest bullhorn bar ever, 30cm. Designed for 25.4 stem clamp too, which is great news.
    nitto t19
    man best made bullhorns are outta my garage homes
    I make you a custom pair... any dimension you want $200
    • CommentAuthorJ Juicy
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008 edited

I would totally buy one of those. for $200 but I would bet you can't barspin very well with those...
    I could make you one that looks like a straight T just for barspins and a pair like these for a good deal if you want...
    • CommentAuthorJ Juicy
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

I do want. Very much. I'm sorry I keep asking questions about what you can do, with prices and stuff. The only problem is I have no money. But when I do. I know who to look for.
    since you from Oakland you wanna ride sometime? I know some of the local riders and am trying to get like a lil weekly ride together
    • CommentAuthorJ Juicy
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

yeah. definitely! PM me some time soon. i actually don't have any wheels right now which is where my money's going =) but hell yes!
    I also like these... maybe I'll make me a pair

sure ain't gonna pay no $500 for em
    and these

but I already made a pair pretty similar to them
    I use Syntace Stratos.

Used to rock the Nitto RB019's but the Stratos are much more comfy.
    Aliderkrasse, what do you use for handlebar stock? I've wanted to make custom bars for a while, but finding appropriately sized stock is challenging.

Also, I notice that your bars don't interface with a stem. Is that because it's tough to manage the dual diameter?
    Have a question. Hope this is the right place for it. I have a lemond fillmore and I just bought some bullhorn handlebars but they are to small in diameter (The stock ones that came on the bike have like a permanent sheath on them). Any way I can buy a sheath? Or any ideas? Thanks.
    yeah but it is called a shim and not a sheath
    You are my hero. No joke.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.