velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorurchin0903
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010

hey sorry to resurrect this but im lookin for some bullhorns. considering the Syntace Stratos. anything else i should be looking at? mainly just for road riding. and i know i like bullhorns. i had some on my last bike when it got stolen.
    maybe you should get the same bull horns that were on your old bike.
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010 edited

i would except they were like some $12 off brand bar from my lbs. and i moved across country since then
    oh ok, well if your looking for cheap, the eighthinch or is it origin 8? Damn im always forgetting....

Ok Im pretty sure its origin 8, they are cheap ($9.99) , come in a variety of different colors, and come in 40cm or 42cm

My friend has a pair, they are nice

no they dont have to be cheap just under $100. good thing about living across country from friends and family. extra christmas money for myself
    • CommentAuthor1gear

2nd on the Origin 8 bars. No they aint Italian or some infamaous made in Japan brand but they are nice, light and cheap. You can't beat them for the price. Had mine for 8 months and they have used and abused with no issues.
    I have used a ton of base and bullhorn bars in the last five or six years and hated nearly all of them. The only ones I have really liked and have been willing to keep on a bike for commuting are the Stratos base bars. They are more ergonomic due to their sweep and offer four comfortable hand positions. I can't recommend them highly enough. The only caveat to this is that you need to carefully determine your ideal stem length and angle, otherwise you're going to be too stretched or too low or some other stupid thing. Shorter and taller tends to be better.
    just get the stratos base bars and since theyr so cheap and you have all that money, i ummm........ expect a pair.. sent to my house... mkayyy KTHXBAI
    I spent $20 for a new take-off on eBay, then about $40 for a new pair from an online shop. They don't go up on eBay all that often -- a good sign for a product which I see fairly often on VS and in public.

sweet thanks guys
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011

so i have the bars now and am buying breaks levers. i see a lot of people put them on the flat part but i would like mine on the ends. can i just use a base mountain bike lever to do that? on sheldon brown i saw the tecktro reverse lever
    does the base of that go inside the bar?
    • CommentAuthorUCF e30

Yes, the rubber cap on the end pops off and there is an allen that allows the lever to stay in the bar.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: urchin0903does the base of that go inside the bar?

Yes

perfect thanks guys
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't Somas just chinese copies of Japanese Nitto parts?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

The somas are heavy steel.
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak

if you go to a REI nearby, the can look up Profile Design's Quick Stop 2 Brake Levers. i paid four bucks to get them shipped home and sixteen for the item. uber clearence is RAD.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: the rabbiThe somas are heavy steel.

my bud picked up some soma criterium drops for 30 bucks, they're a tank.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.