velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

aluminum aluminum... great on smooth surfaces but if you ride skinny tires and no suspension it will bite you in the ass... I still love it got a few aluminum frames myself
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008

I ride skinny tire aluminum frames on the streets 3/4 of the year and fat tire aluminum frames on the streets the other 1/4 and its been OK so far. Long rides can be tougher, but I'll take it for the time being until I can buy a nice old Italian steel beauty to usher me into middle age
    like I said I do it too just gotta love it though...
    • CommentAuthorMu_Empire
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008

Curved seat tubes make me smile. My Colin Laing track and Surly karate monkey have them. I'd love to get a KHS aero someday and a Schwinn paramount p-14 track. For two years in the mid-70s the made the p-14 with the curved seat tube.

Other than that, old schwinn cruisers, steel track bikes, unique bikes do it for me.
    • CommentAuthorcrisone

I don't own a Concept, I just like it's style.............
    • CommentAuthorGone
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008 edited

Greg. I agree with Aliderkrasse on alloy frames with skinny tires. The concept is an excellent idea and saves lots of time and money to builders but at the end of the day your body is taking a hit unless you ride with a carbon seat post, fork and again I'm not so sure. Full carbon frame is the way to go but dig deep in your pocket and don't fall with the bike, it's all over. On the other hand steel/lugged frames forgives on bad roads and are repairable if anything happens. A nice steel/lugged frame is just as comfortable and appealing to the eyes if the geometry is right. So far I never seen a pro ridding an alloy frame on long distance races. My two cents.
    • CommentAuthorebrep1

Cinelli Vigorelli
    • CommentAuthorAeroAceV03

LUGS! ftw! i like italian and japanese almost equally
    • CommentAuthorbenhatton

how come most everything on here is a track bike
    • CommentAuthorGone

Track bikes are like blondes, they have more fun. Just kidding!
    • CommentAuthorAeroAceV03

Just Skidding!
    What are people going to be defensive about, if it's not an inappropriate choice of bicycle?
    • CommentAuthorebrep1
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008

• CommentAuthorphophiend
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008

Cannondale Track, 1992 --blue or polished aluminum.

DROOOOOOOL!!!!!
    Altas are quite beautiful, but why are they so heavy?

It's hard to beat 90s Cannondales, to be sure. My Jet Jaguar is a '92 R900. I love that frame.
    yup that cannondale is a nice one but if you compare it to a really high end custom frame it is a bit sluggish... it took me awhile till I got my cannondale all perfect.
    • CommentAuthormashhup88
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008

pista concept? are you hipsters cereal?

try any NJS or keirin stamped frame, why would you want some ugly pista that you see nearly every street corner?? get real... you newschool newbs

cinelli, zeus, 3ren, bomber pro, bridgestone, kalavinka, georama, makino, uno, and level. the broaklands are bomb as shit too.

fucken pista concepts.... tsss
    ...you forgot: Spectrum, Olmo, De Rosa, Pinarello, Geurciotti, Moser, JRJ (aka Bob Jackson), Huffy (at least their pursuits), Hufnagel, Geekhouse, Naked, Lemond, Kish Fabrication, Desalvo Cycles, Calfee and the list goes on and on and on I could probably ride a book about what frames I think are sick. Fact is though: dumb hipsters will only spend a few bucks on their frames and therefore mostly ride shit like Concepts or Pakes or other shit frames... what always surprises me is how they end up putting a gee or two into wheels and cranks which won't benefit from a shitty frame... but that's just me
    did I mention Frances Cycles?.. siiiick or Veritgo Cycles sweet
    • CommentAuthorchikN
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008 edited

Lol the same old story, you guys aren't tired of always crying bout hipsters for no reason? Everyone should have the right to ride it's bike the they want to, why hating on A F***ING RIM COLOR or the choice of a frame. As long as you pay to get it, i don't understand why so much velodrome racers or messenger or wtv you call em keep crying. I don't see any road bike riders hating, people at my lbs are really enthusiast when we share with em our experience of riding a fixie in the streets. IT'S A FREAKING BIKE only metal and rubber. My 2 cents.

p.s: don't call me a hipster or anything, i'm not. Just wonderin' why bike lovers hating on other bike lovers...
    • CommentAuthorGone
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008

Guy's! Riders you uses concept or alloy frames are messengers who earns a living or folks who do tricks with their bikes. Let's not forget those NJS or vintage Italian track frames don't come by easy, they are very expensive and you can't do tricks with them or leave them locked on the streets. I have great regards for folks who build bikes with what they can find or budget. I own several high end vintage bikes that are posted on this site and hipsters spends a lot of money and they have great looking bikes too. The whole idea is to have fun with your ride and makes you happy. My two cents.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.