velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthor3Joe3
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011

Ok, I used to really want the Cinelli MASH. No idea why. A bunch of people on here have recently talked me out of it.

However, I still want something that looks "aggressive." Although, I'm beginning to think that has a lot to do with lines created by components.

I'm considering the Cinelli Gazzetta. Thoughts?
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

I know know... with all black components, this thing could be sweet!

A tad pricey but not crazy at $599.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

You haven't told us what your budget is. I say do it. Formulas to open pros or deep v's and sugino messengers or miche cranks, maybe even Sugino 75s and you're good.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin

find a cool used frame
    • CommentAuthorTracker

And some black nitto stem, seatpost and bars
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

My budget is like $1,000. Think I can get all components for an additional $400?

I want this thing to look really sporty. I'm not interested in straight bars, risers, aerospokes, etc. I want it to look mean and fast.

Do you think this is a good frame?

BTW: I'm going for a completed bike that looks like it's moving forward, even when its standing still if that makes sense. I want a bike that looks ready to charge.

Here is a Kinfolk that PERFECTLY illustrates what I want:

Think the Cinelli will do the trick?
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

I guess my question is... if I love the Kinfolk but can't afford it... can I substitute the Cinelli?
    Get a lugged Killo TT Those are pretty sweet IMO

Yes the Cinelli is a decent choice for a first fixed gear, the fork isn't that attractive though. why not go for the bareknuckle like someone else suggested?
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

Whitekimchee,
    A lot of people don't like the fork. My question is: why? What's wrong with it?
    There's nothing wrong with it per se, I just don't like the look a segmented fork on this kinda of frame. It's all subjective. For example, a lot of ppl hate the unicrown forks on Bianchi Pistas, but I don't mind them.
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

What is a segmented fork? Been trying to Google it with no luck at all.
    It's a mountain bike styled fork. type "segmented bicycle fork" into the google images search
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Could have kept doing this on the MASH thread instead of making a new one.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

But as Benson said, Kilo's are nice for a first fixed, and a lugged Kilo is even better.
    • CommentAuthorfurhorse

A well built kilo TT can look pretty rad but i can see why you dont want one. Id say hunt ebay relentlessly. There are good deals on unique well built frames all over ebay if you give it enough time.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

The top is an IRO, the bottom is a Kilo. Both are steel frames that cost under $300. You can make these not so appealing frames look great. IMO it's the parts that make the bike look nice not so much the frame.
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

Chris freaking V!!! My man! That Kilo TT is so hot it's unreal!!! This is literally the first TT I've seen that makes me even remotely consider buying one and I gotta say... I'm really REALLY considering it.

I normally see these things with aerospokes and straight bars and just looking lame. But this thing?! FUCK! I mean... don't get me wrong. I HATE the colors. Green and gold? What am I? Don the Magic Juan? But the lines are ughh... too sexy for words.

I think it's the classic steel frame with the sport seat and the proper drop bars...well, and the deep v's that make this thing sick. Good God. I think I might be TT hunting. Plus, that would leave me like $700 for components. That could get sexy in a hurry.
    • CommentAuthor3Joe3

Hey all, what size Kilo you think that is? I like the head tube and the amount of seat tube sticking out. That makes it look mean.

Is it wrong to buy one size smaller to get the same effect?
    • CommentAuthorTracker

54 at most i think but mostly i think a 52

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.