velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

went riding yesterday and these things (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/88762259_913a04bd09.jpg) punctured my front tire. i was supposed to go riding today, but now thats a no go. to make matters worst, my LBS is closed on mondays. hmm... frustrating.. sooo frustrating
    Cool story bro.

I hate when you really need something done on your bike and the bike shop closes. Why not check out the next closest bike shop?
    Next time buy extra tubes to have around the house.
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011 edited

Isnt weird how a bunch of bike shops are closed on mondays not sundays.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011

Posted By: TrackerIsnt weird how a bunch of bike shops are closed on mondays not sundays.

Weekends are when most people have the time to go out and buy stuff.

OP: Goatheads? LBS closed on Monday? I have to call shenanigans; you're not in San Francisco.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

my shops are open err'day.
    • CommentAuthorstalag13

Posted By: eaglerockGoatheads? LBS closed on Monday? I have to call shenanigans; you're not in San Francisco.

I don't know about SF, but there are goatheads all over the East Bay. I've had them flat me a few times.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: stalag13I don't know about SF, but there are goatheads all over the East Bay. I've had them flat me a few times.

You obviously ride offroad a lot more than I do, or you ride wussier tires. I've seen goatheads on the road up Diablo, and on the ridge above Tilden going out to the old Nike base; but I'm normally on the busted-up streets of the East Bay flats.
    • CommentAuthorstalag13

Naw, well yes. I grew up all over the East Bay, and a lot of my riding then was offroad. But that was years ago, I'm quoting 15+ y.o. memories.
    im not. im in american canyon for the summer till school starts up again. apparently all my nephews and even my brother had the same thorny things puncture their tires too.
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Oh im like 30-45 min from american canyon
    • CommentAuthorTracker

St helena if you were wondering.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2011 edited

Posted By: almagetyoulaterapparently all my nephews and even my brother had the same thorny things puncture their tires too.

I think that's the universe telling you: Studlier tires, and heavier/thicker tubes. And maybe Mr. Tuffys, just to be safe.

(how can you not love the Ron Popeil-style website?)

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.