velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2011

I couldn't find any threads on this worth resurecting so..

I know this is mainly a fixed/road bike website, but there's a few mountain bike riders on this website, and i thought it would be great to have a mountain biek thread, i'm interested in sharing and learning riding techniques, part recomendations, tire choices, etc...

please post your MTB rig and share some of the specs, and get this thread started!
    I recommend you buy all the parts I just put up on eBay. They were intended for the 29er which I never built. Go!
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I have a Leader 516H mountain bike?
    Oh yeah, you never posted that.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: veggieI have a Leader 516H mountain bike?

post that mofo
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: suicide_doorsI recommend you buy all the parts I just put up on eBay. They were intended for the 29er which I never built. Go!

link link
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I haven't ridden it in like 2 years and currently it is a frameset with wheels, but if you insist.

I'll finish building it and post pics, I need to sell it anyhow.
    Posted By: uhler
    Posted By: suicide_doorsI recommend you buy all the parts I just put up on eBay. They were intended for the 29er which I never built. Go!

link link

Its called the market place guys!
    It's just a bunch of crap, really.

http://shop.ebay.com/digaphobia/m.html
    • CommentAuthoruhler

you could probably build that thing up at a bike kitchen for like 15 bucks and make some cash for your cannydale
    Posted By: bensonisajewIts called the market place guys!

I've learned that people on here won't pay the huge prices that I put on stuff. Only when I sell some little crap for nothing do I get interest.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Or build it up with the pile of useless MTB parts I already have.
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2011 edited

Posted By: veggieOr build it up with the pile of useless MTB parts Ialreadyhave.

that works
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: suicide_doorsIt's just a bunch of crap, really.

http://shop.ebay.com/digaphobia/m.html

nothing i'm quite interested in.
    Yeah, me neither.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

haha.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011 edited

Heres my trail destroyer:

https://velospace.org/node/28079

She's been out exactly twice this year, I've been entirely too busy with school. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have some time to make up for it.
    I have some crappy cell phone trail shots with my bike in rigid fork mode. Maybe I'll throw those up on here later.

maybe.
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011

Nice brakes! I have the same seat.
    Posted By: Aaron Cmaybe.

No, not maybe!
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011

Posted By: uhlerNice brakes! I have the same seat.

Thanks, I really like the Elixir CR's. Initially they were a slightly overfilled from the factory so they had ridiculous brake rub. After I resized and bled the front, and pushed out a couple drops of fluid from the rear they work really, really well. the point of contact adjustment is really nice. Towards the end of last season I biffed big time and destroyed the front lever, I end up replacing the whole front brake setup with a new one with a carbon lever blade for about $35 more than replacing just the lever. The front and rear don't match now, oh well.

The Silverado saddle is great for me since I like to move around on the saddle a lot. Its very comfy on the trail, but I'm not sure if I would ride it on the road where I'd actually be sitting on it most of the time. But for that half sitting/half hovering thing you do when riding a hardtail its great. I'd buy the Ti railed version in a heartbeat if i could get a reasonable price.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.