velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Sooo...i have the concept right now and i am thinking of selling it to buy the mash or the vigorelli so any input is helpful. if you guys could compare the pista concept to the mash to the vigorelli or just compare two together i'd appreciate it..... stuff like geometry (from experience, which do you like more), sizing (Ive heard the vigorelli and mash run large?), and other personal experiences/preferences, + anything else you want to share.

Like i said, any input is helpful
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011

Maybe some googling for geo charts and build specs? If you get the info I'm sure someone here will help you translate. It's kind of uncool to expect strangers to do research for you though.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin

GET ALL 3 !
    Posted By: PillpoppinGET ALL 3 !

I wish
    • CommentAuthorstalag13

I feel like a book's worth of threads/comments/posts has been written about each of these bikes...
    M A C A F R A M A
    • CommentAuthor2011

They are all mid-range, stiff, light, aluminum track bikes.

Having owned all three, I can honestly put them in this order... Pista Concept, Vigorelli, Mash. Reason being, Pista Concept has the best geometry. Vigorelli second, because it's cheaper than the other two. Mash last because it's way over-priced, has totally wonky and impractical geometry and just has an expensive paint job.
    Posted By: stalag13I feel like a book's worth of threads/comments/posts has been written about each of these bikes...
    If you have a Concept now just stick with it. Getting a Vigorelli or Mash will be just a lateral move and just paying for esthetics.
    Which concept do you have? If it matters, 2008 and earlier is Italian and the current Vigorelli and MASH are China ;)
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011 edited

I feel like you could find something cooler for the money (Dodici, Low, Affinity, etc?). Pistas are played out, like the wealthy hipster version of the kilo.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

Posted By: bensonisajewGetting a Vigorelli or Mash will be just a lateral move

First thought that popped into my head.
    Posted By: iliketoesI feel like you could find something cooler for the money (Dodici, Low, Affinity, etc?). Pistas are played out, like the wealthy hipster version of the kilo.

^ i agree. go with a dodici if you wanna look cool to pedestrians. but go njs or some other hi-end vintage steel frame if you wanna look cool to other riders and have a ride that feels really nice (of course...a dodici would feel great too).
    • CommentAuthor2011

• CommentAuthorMancha150

Man Ryan, I saw the matte black version up on ebay for 700 earlier this week and I was so tempted to take out a loan for it or something, but I am not sure if I would fit a large or a medium better. If I ever get an actual track frame, I am definitely going with a tiemeyer.
    • CommentAuthorFrankSenese
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011 edited

Bianchi pista/SUPER PISTA you don't need any other bicycle. Cinelli is great, but I will agree that they're way too expensive. How about a LOOK?
    • CommentAuthor2011

Posted By: FrankSeneseHow about a LOOK?

Pretty much same thing, again. Just another mid-range aluminum frame w/ carbon fork with different paint and graphics.
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011

I would say if you can wait get a LOW if it's possible for the same price of a mash and it's WAY better for the same price and 2011 are tiemeyer frames really that good cause that's all you seem to recommend and you have owned many bikes so I assume you would know what's good but what makes them so much better then the concepts and cinelli's and was your cervelo T1 comparable?
    • CommentAuthor2011
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011 edited

How is the LOW any different than the new MASH? It's really the exact same frame, similar geometry, lower quality tubing and the exact same price. The only draw is having that "cool hipster fixie" frameset that not everyone and their brother rides. Might as well just get an old MASH and get it sandblasted down to raw metal and slap on your own stickers.

In terms of value for the money, I feel Tiemeyers are the best value for the dollar, when compared to all other aluminum track frames. They are certainly the strongest, most durable, stiffest, most aero aluminum frame available. Add in custom geometry and paint for a total individual fit and unique look. Granted, they are more appropriated for track racing than street riding, the frame can still withstand way more abuse than those other frames made out of tin-cans that dent super easy.

Also throw in a $650 EDGE track fork and $150 Chris King headset when you buy a Tiemeyer... and that makes the frame cost less than all those bikes!

After riding Concepts, Mash's, Cannondale, Guerciotti and even a Cervelo T1 plus a few other aluminum track frames... the Tiemeyer really set itself far above ALL of those others, for the reasons listed above. Not to mention... I simply love how it rides and feels, which is most important.
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Ok but I mean I met the guy that builds the low frames and ridden one of them and there much better then the mash and if you can get costom fitted on a LOW and choose the paint why not get it if you can wait the wait??? And I'm sure if a frame was made for the track it's strong enough for the street. Just hate how the brands like bianchi and cinelli which used to be fantastic Italian brands have no more italian design or quality as the old ones did. Sorta with you with the deal you get on the tiemeyer with the fork and headset and the fact that it's made well. Would you recommend something besides the tiemeyer or something that's comparable? Just got a 2010 rush hour pro and the paint finish is awfull the bike is fine but the paint is horrible. Thinking of getting the cervelo T1 next and soon!
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

TO, the Lows are handbuilt in SF.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.