velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Ive been looking at two leader frames, the 722ts and the 725tr. I wanted to know your opinion or experience with these frames and which is better for my situation. Ive been riding fixed for a year now and my frame is steel, its not very heavy but its also not the lightest bike out there. I dont trick at all and i ride in the streets but sometimes i hit a rough part of the road or im forced to slowly go off a curb. I like the 722 because its really strong but i dont do tricks, i like the 725 because its really light but i dont want to bend it.Also is there an even better yet inexpensive frame thats light and sturdy (inexpensive to me:anything below 450)
    • CommentAuthorChris V
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

Almost all responses are gonna be the same as this one. If you want a good Leader frame, don't buy any of them.
    if you really want one the 722ts is the only one that doesnt seem to have anything wrong with it i rode my friends and it was hella fun.
    Posted By: Chris VAlmost all responses are gonna be the same as this one. If you want a good Leader frame, don't buy any of them.

hah well i saw a lot of that on different threads, well do you know a good strong frame?
    • CommentAuthorDinosaur
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

Posted By: deadpontoon
    Posted By: Chris VAlmost all responses are gonna be the same as this one. If you want a good Leader frame, don't buy any of them.

hah well i saw a lot of that on different threads, well do you know a good strong frame?

like 90% of the people here would say.. Kilo TT.

My friend has the black 725TR from Leader and to tell you.. It was a terrible frame. seat tube was the wrong sizing he couldn't fit the right seatpost in.
    Get the 722ts over any of Leaders Aluminum frame. Leaders aluminum frame are not light at all.
    722 > Any other Leader
    • CommentAuthorWilburito
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

U shud lern how englesh is talked.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: WilburitoU shud lern how englesh is talked.

+1
    • CommentAuthorveggie

lrn2engrish
    hah well ive been looking around and ive abandoned the leader idea, im going with either the kilo tt or windsor the hour but i need help on which one to pick seeing that im only getting the frame
    • CommentAuthorveggie

kilo tt
    Posted By: veggiekilo tt
    please don't. I'm so tired of seeing so many kilo and windsor frames flooding the street.
    • CommentAuthorChris V
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011

For a few extra bucks you can get a Mark V or Mark V Pro.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: johnthaddeusplease don't. I'm so tired of seeing so many kilo and windsor frames flooding the street.
    i'm sorry that you're seeing a reasonably priced frame that will work for 90% of people wanting a fixed gear bicycle. really, i am sorry you are tired of seeing other people's bicycles.
    • CommentAuthorroot

i got a kilo a few months ago and love it...i'd suggest getting a frame and buying all the parts as you'll eventually upgrade everything on it (i didn't think i would but eventually ended up with new wheels, handlebars, pedals, saddle, cog, chain, and now i'm looking at bottom brackets)...it's still my first fixed ride and i love it to death but it could've been way more cost effective with a frame from bikes direct and buying the parts elsewhere.

still love it though..have every step of the way
    Posted By: the rabbireally, i am sorry you are tired of seeing other people's bicycles.

I'm only saying that there are a ton of other frames that might work better for 90% of people (which I don't think anything should work for that high of a percentage since we are all different with different geometries and needs). As well as for the visual aesthetic.(i.e. http://urbanvelo.org/singlespeed-commuter-bikes-for-2010/ )

• CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011 edited

Posted By: johnthaddeus
    Posted By: the rabbireally, i am sorry you are tired of seeing other people's bicycles.

I'm only saying that there are a ton of other frames that might work better for 90% of people (which I don't think anything should work for that high of a percentage since we are all different with different geometries and needs). As well as for the visual aesthetic.(i.e.http://urbanvelo.org/singlespeed-commuter-bikes-for-2010/)

within the pricerange of the kilo, outside of the windsor, all those other bikes are garbage. and i'll stand by my statement, if you're not track racing or are severely disproportioned, a kilo + stem length to fit will fit 90% of peoples' needs for a ss/fg.
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

The Affinity Cyclone frame/fork is $250 right now. Totally different from the kilo, but it would be absolutely strong. Plus, I really want to see people start rocking those freestyle bikes as commuters (route disk brakes for barspinz, drill for cantis, maaaad space for fenders). shit would be dope. The Kilo is plenty of bike. I beat my frame up (loaded racks, plenty of curb hops, running in to stuff) and it is holding up.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.