velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorkkkelsiii
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011

I am a relatively new biker... and was wondering.. can I but a Velocity deep V on the front of my bike... and a regular 700c stock rim on the rear (no deep v)... or do they both have to be deep v or both stock/700c?
    • CommentAuthorBrannigan
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011 edited

Mix it up if you like. If I only have one deep v I put it in the front for torsional rigidity in turns, esp. in braking. It adds to the responsiveness in turns, fo sho. Granted, some will argue that the tension (along the spokes) in a rear wheel would warrant putting it in the rear. I disagree. A well trued wheel will resist such.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

I'm in the same position as you are in at the moment. I only have enough money to buy one deep v. It really doesn't matter wether it's the front or back you buy. I am buying the front just because it is cheaper.
    • CommentAuthorKevint143

Just save up to get a matching set? Other wise it doesn't matter unless you have to be matchy matchy
    I think you can only have a set
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011

I used to ride a bike with only an off-branded 700c deep v as a front rim with a run of the mill weinmann 27in in the back. While it worked fine, the bicycle has not been the same since.
    • CommentAuthorkkkelsiii

Posted By: iliketoesI used to ride a bike with only an off-branded 700c deep v as a front rim with a run of the mill weinmann 27in in the back. While it worked fine, the bicycle has not been the same since.

What do you mean the same? Did it mess up the gear ratio/or hubs or something?
    • CommentAuthorBrannigan

If I only had one deep v and could build it front or rear, I'd go front. I like tight steering.

Posted By: PillpoppinI think you can only have a set

I don't agree at all, there is no reason one can only have a set. Sometimes wallets do not runneth over. ;) Besides, it'll ride just fine with one deep v in the front or rear.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I was running a deep V in the rear only for a while. A wheels is a wheel is a wheel is a wheel.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Square=/=wheel
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I had no idea!
    • CommentAuthoruhler

you do now.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Thank you for the knowledge.
    • CommentAuthorBrannigan

*Cough!*
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I forgot the tildes
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited

~i can feel the bass and it's making my nose bleed!~
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011

I heard if you only have 1 you can get flat tires
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Posted By: PillpoppinI heard if you only have 1 you can get flat tires

No.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin

R u sure?
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Yes, yes he is sure.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.