velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorELmo
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008

Cheap or expensive, which part has never failed you. Something you'll probably always have on all your bikes.
    • CommentAuthort0dk0n

I think pretty much my whole entire drive train. The rear wheel, the cog, chain, bb, crankset, peddles, etc. Some of it is cheap, but its all well built (mostly NJS) Japanese gear. I also really love my Nitto handlebars. The whole bike is priceless for me though. I've put a lot of work, money, and passion into the thing. But I've also learned so much about how to maintain my bicycle.
    • CommentAuthorOtto Rax

mavic ellipse wheels. i could rave about them for days; literally bombproof and surprisingly smooth.
    a comfortable saddle that fits me...I've ridden with a crappy one, and it makes an awesome ride painful in a matter of seconds
    I agree dont skimp out on the saddle. Or you will pay for it.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

go for nice tires for best improvement of ride quality. also nice pedals.

my best personal purchase was a used suntour superbe pro crankset
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Vittoria Rubino Pro tires. 3+ years of riding with less than a dozen flats and still going, I love the hell out of these tires
    so many nice parts... so many nice bikes... can't say... I really love the dura ace track cranks though and have been using them on most of my bikes even though I got the campy records and the c records I like the feel of the dura ace cranks better (at least on my aluminum frames).
    • CommentAuthorjellyfish

36 spoke hand built wheels. super durable.
    Bike fit. Riding bikes just isn't a fraction as fun without a frame that fits and having the stem length/seatpost height dialed in.
    Saddle too. And tires.
    • CommentAuthordamnhenry
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

upping to a 25c tire (weigh about 250, dont worry im 6'5) OR mks custom nuevo pedals, the bearings are amazing, eliminating that friction there is a very subtle but everlasting improvement
    Posted By: Otto Raxmavic ellipse wheels. i could rave about them for days; literally bombproof and surprisingly smooth.

fuckin true that i love mine
    • CommentAuthorRWitt
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008

Good saddle and tires do it for me. If its a great bike and you cut corners on these parts you will never enjoy riding it or know how nice it really is.
    My wheels. Mavic Ksyrium Elites. They're incredible. Huge step up from Alex rims.
    • CommentAuthorroadie
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008

yeah, mavic ellipse wheelset. ridden on the track only.
    SPD pedals.

If I have to be more specific- a pair of decade-old Shimano 545 pedals that have outlasted 2 mountain bikes and are happily installed on the third.
    a good lock. wouldnt want my baby goin home from the bar with someone else
    • CommentAuthorsixspeed
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008

Zipps. next investment, clipless.
    Dollar vs weight loss its always getting improved wheels that can be the best investment for overall performance.
    • CommentAuthorwowzah
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008

phil wood bottom bracket

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.