velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthora.corby
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009

What have been some of your favorite stunts/physical challanges at alleycats? I'm throwing one in may and I'm looking for suggestions and ideas.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

hill climb checkpoint.
    • CommentAuthorMAVERICK

try and make it so that people cant cheat!
    there was one in my city two days ago where you just had a list of questions you could only know the answer to by going to the locations but people teamed up and went to different checkpoints and swapped answers at the end
    • CommentAuthora.corby

I'm holding it in the begining of may, and it's going to have a cinco de mayo theme. I was thinking hot pepper eating, tequila drinking, etc. But I was wondering if anyone on here had ever been to a race where there was a particularly memorable checkpoint.
    • CommentAuthora.corby

No cheating. Every stop is manned and you have to have a signature before you leave to get credit for the stop. If the stunt isn't done to the signers satisfaction, you have to do it over...
    I agree with MAVERICK, cheating is the worst.
    • CommentAuthora.corby
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009

Anyone else hate cheating?
    • CommentAuthorMAVERICK

make one of the checkpoints face painting or something equally fun that makes the person look like a tool while riding around.
    • CommentAuthorewurl

Make an impossible checkpoint, Fixies have to coast, and freewheelers have to skid. On a serious note, relays are fun and if you include cones and obstacles it can be very interesting.
    • CommentAuthorOtto Rax

we gave out crayons and newsprint, people had to etch the entire alphabet off historical markers, sewers covers, and gravestones. in the end, they looked rad as crap
    • CommentAuthoradriano

Posted By: a.corbyAnyone else hate cheating?

im a huge cheating fan.
    • CommentAuthortrilbone

tire changes, limbos (on or off the bike), balance beam on bike, etc.
    The race I helped put on this winter had a river crossing and a cross course and was put on at 6:30pm. We had a strand of lights across the river with knee deep crossing, it was around 30 degrees out. Good times
    What about carrying a cup of water between two check point. The more water you lose on the way, the longest you will be held a the next check point.

This can be done easily with a plastic cup and a sharpie, just graduate it with a 2 or 3 lines.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009

tire changes are good ones.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.