velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMtbfixed
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011

What is this TARCK,a goofy,or cool, way to say track bike or am I missing something.
    • CommentAuthorchku

To my knowledge, this is the tarck king
    • CommentAuthorveggie

This should be fun.
    Tarck

• CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: chkuTo my knowledge,this is the tarck king
    pengy is the king of tarck.
    That bike looks like a fun slide that leads to a really bad finish.
    I'd say that it's any bike meant for the track that has been re-purposed for riding on the street, to varying levels of horror (hence the cutesy misspelling).

Really, 'Tarck' is a term like 'Hipster' in that most of the people who apply it also embody it to some varying degree and are just hurling it as an insult at people that they feel embody it more than them to make themselves feel better.
    • CommentAuthorwaltsmith

Posted By: bensonisajewTarck

Doesn't have a MASH or John Prolly sticker therefore it has yet to achieve true TARCK status.
    • CommentAuthorchku

Agree with your point about use of 'hipster', Legislator - one has to understand the concept to use the term. But some guys are actually proud of their tarck perversions, so it's not always an insult. I loved some of the tarcked-out bikes I saw around Shibuya and Yoyogi in Tokyo, it was the perfect context for them.
    • CommentAuthorMtbfixed

That is one of the most ridiculous bikes that I have ever seen.To each his own,everyone builds to their liking.That is a bicycle right,for the street?
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Tarck = track bike that only gets ridden on the street, never at the track.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: MtbfixedThat is one of the most ridiculous bikes that I have ever seen.To each his own,everyone builds to their liking.That is a bicycle right,for the street?

That is a SoftRide, which stopped making bikes in 2006. They were mostly doing time trial bikes.

What I find strange is that someone would send it out for a high-price CyclArt paint job, and then slap bumper stickers all over it. That, and the Agony of Defeat saddle angle.

Posted By: SkidMarkTarck = track bike that only gets ridden on the street, never at the track.

So I guess all my bikes are Tarck bikes I rarely go to the Velodrome to race or anything but I do ride to to the track to see some racing.
    Track bikes are to tarck bikes as this

is to this

• CommentAuthorMtbfixed

Thats cool,I totally understand.I see why people like their machines to emulate the racing heritage of the brand,I like that.Those soft ride bikes are still ridiculous looking to me.
    Posted By: beastmaster303Track bikes are to tarck bikes as this

is to this

haaaa

I like that comparison.
    • CommentAuthorNash

Posted By: the fumingator
    Posted By: beastmaster303Track bikes are to tarck bikes as this

is to this

haaaa

I like that comparison.

more like this

• CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011 edited

Good comparison. Can the Aerospoke be the tarck equivalent of a subwoofer? Achieves the same 'look at me' effect on high streets.
    Lightning McQueen with neon lights under the hood.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I don't think cars 2 is going to be any good.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.