velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorradfriends
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011

I don't know if anyone ever posted about this and I searched on the web and could not find anything. I'm sure some of you have tried stuff out so let me know if there is such a thing because I am tired of having my feet soaked! (Although it does not rain that often)
    lol, I dont want to poke fun at you but... NJS frames are over here..... ..... ... ...fenders are over there.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

heh
    however........... fenders on NJS bikes are neither here nor there.

BOOM

Haha I only have one bike and no cash to build a second one right now but I wish I did then I never would have posted this question! I figured there has to be something for like road racing bikes or something with a less clearance that I don't know about.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

• CommentAuthorcampystamp

You are definitely gonna have clearance issues unless you switch out the fork.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011 edited

Posted By: Haeganthese should work
    http://ecom1.planetbike.com/7017.html

Honestly I'd be surprised if you could clear those. If I try really hard I can just barely squeeze them on my Kilo (they would fit somewhat better if i used smaller tires), I have a hard time believing that you could cram them onto an njs frame.
    Maybe something like those mountain bike style fenders that strap to the down tube of the frame.

maybe you should sell your bike (while you can still get pretty good money for it) and buy something more practical.

Practical is boring. I enjoy my bike a lot I thought about selling it but naw. I actually think I might have rigged it to work! Pictures soon!
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011 edited

Any fender long enough to keep your feet dry is going to give you some mad toe overlap. I fabricated some custom brackets for a Planet Bike fender for the front of my KHS Aerotrack and it was ridiculous.

No it's not NJS but the clearance is very tight. I assume your NJS frame and fork isn't drilled for brakes so this approach isn't gonna work anyways.

Your only real choice is SKS Raceblades or the Planet Bike copies, and they aren't long enough to keep you feet dry. Maybe get a shitty bike to ride in the rain. Your NJS bike has unsealed bearings so riding it in the rain isn't a good idea anyways.
    • CommentAuthorper.k

Yupp, Skidmark on point as always. Race fenders do a pretty poor job of stopping water, and if you track stand, it really can be a bitch unless you just lock stock still.

I 2nd gettin a beater/rain bike, or at least some sealed hubs and waterproof socks/foot covers
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011

Thanks for the responses! I believe that suntour used a half sealed thing that they developed and I think suzue does the same. I'm not worried about them, its more my feet that I'm worried about.

A second (road or cross bike) would be rad and the best option for myself I think. One day, one day.
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011

I also live in southern california so rain is not that much of an issue but when it comes around I want to be prepared. And I figured people on here would have tried lots of different ways.
    • CommentAuthorcampystamp
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011

Posted By: SkidMarkAny fender long enough to keep your feet dry is going to give you some mad toe overlap. I fabricated some custom brackets for a Planet Bike fender for the front of my KHS Aerotrack and it was ridiculous.

No it's not NJS but the clearance is very tight. I assume your NJS frame and fork isn't drilled for brakes so this approach isn't gonna work anyways.

Your only real choice is SKS Raceblades or the Planet Bike copies, and they aren't long enough to keep you feet dry. Maybe get a shitty bike to ride in the rain. Your NJS bike has unsealed bearings so riding it in the rain isn't a good idea anyways.

Wow, that's a really good example. Effective for sure.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.