velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorpedo
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011 edited

Hi everyone I would like to alert you about an eBay user that scammed me out of $900 for 09 Pista Concept I recently sold him. He abused the buyer's protection policy and claimed he never received the package, even though I have proof that it was delivered on 04/04 via USPS tracking #03102640000186075069. The user goes by the name ###########. Please be aware of this user in the future when buying or selling on eBay. Thank you for hearing me out.

Message from the management: calling out people by name is not allowed, details deleted
    surely there must be something that you can do, give us a breakdown of how the buyer protection policy interaction has gone down thus far.
    • CommentAuthorpedo
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011

eBay ruled in favor of the buyer, gave him a refund and demand I reimburse eBay for $900.
    There was no signature confirmation?
    The tracking # has to count for something, that's undeniable proof that you sent out the item. I know that in the last few years Ebay has become more lenient and favorable to buyers, but that's some bullshit.
    that's horrible. it seems like an easy thing to get away with now that i think about it. the guy obviously knew what he was doing. i hope he gets in a horrible accident for your sake
    How could Ebay just rule in his favor if you had a tracking # that verified it was delivered? Even if someone stole the package from the front door, You did your part. You shouldn't be responsible for refunding him the cash.
    Wow, now I have to get signature verification for everything that I sell now.
    honestly don't let up on asking ebay to fix that bs. you should keep on trying to contact that them and explain that you sent the package with the tracking #. keep on contacting different customer service employees until one of them is on your side and will take you further in the process...thats effing bs though.
    • CommentAuthorpedo
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011 edited

What pissed me off was dude said it was signed for and received by a staff at his townhouse main office, but for some reason he doesn't know who exactly has it and where it's disappeared to, how convenient.
    Posted By: pedoWhat pissed me off was dude said it was signed for and received by a staff at his townhouse main office, but for some reason he doesn't know who exactly has it and where it's disappeared to, how convenient.

Do you have that in writing? I have a hard time accepting (but not believing) that this happened.
    • CommentAuthorpedo
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011 edited

blockquote>Posted By: beastmaster303
    Posted By: pedoWhat pissed me off was dude said it was signed for and received by a staff at his townhouse main office, but for some reason he doesn't know who exactly has it and where it's disappeared to, how convenient.

Do you have that in writing? I have a hard time accepting (but not believing) that this happened.

You must have just awoke from a deep coma my friend, look around on the web and you'll be enlightened. BTW not that I need to prove anything to you, but I've kept every ebay message the buyer has sent to me to back up all my claims. It's not that you can resolve my case and get my money back, I simply just want to make everyone aware so they don't get scam by the same person I did I've got nothing to gain by this.
    If you look at his auctions, he's also cheating eBay out of final value fees.

so that makes it his problem then. he basically just confessed
    • CommentAuthorpedo
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011

@discotraxx... that's why I don't understand why ebay ruled in his favor and robbed me of $900 and a frame set.
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011

I sunk the thread - call outs are not allowed on the velospace forums. Sorry that you had this experience, but please work with ebay to get it resolved

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.