velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorOtto Rax
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009

Well, not QUITE, but some of you may like to know, GT is making an entry-level cromo track bike for 2009, I don't think they are shipping yet. The GT Gutterball. It is a nice black triple-tri frame with a straight fork. the regular stock componnts (touro crank, alex rims/formula hubs) but it looks pretty trick, and I know some of yous guys love those GTB's. MSRP $750
    and you can order them from REI now, so you can get 10% off

http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/Products/Road/Race/#5767
    • CommentAuthorupthemaiden
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited

Looks to be aluminum. Looks better than i'd guessed it would, but the fork is a little ugly, specifically the silver at the bottom, and whatever that sticker is on the top, is that fake carbon?

Says it comes with GT Mohawk hubs, that'd be pretty awesome.
    not the same. AT ALL.
    Patrick's right. I rode 2 of them and they felt shitty. Sure, they were prototypes, but how far off could they be?
    • CommentAuthorOtto Rax

im just saying. some people are dying for a bike with a straight and triple tri, and this may be their closest shot for a gtb-esque bike.
    • CommentAuthorJohn Tom

I don't think it looks so bad. The fake carbon looking stuff is actually like a tiled GT logo that's sort of cool...
    I think it would look alot nicer if it came with drop bars. we will just have to see what they are actually sold for when they are in stores to actually judge it's worth or bullshitty-ness.
    • CommentAuthortangsuto

As much as I want to like it, I don't. I'm just not feeling the geometry. Doesn't seem the same.
    Posted By: Otto Raxim just saying. some people are dying for a bike with a straight and triple tri, and this may be their closest shot for a gtb-esque bike.

• CommentAuthortangsuto

Broakland pipe bombs are so nice. Hefty price tag too.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

wow, that gt is horrible. The geometry is totally off..
    I think they're supposed to sell for $750, from what i've seen online.

I'm not that picky about it to begin with, but I've never been all that crazy about the old GTs anyway. Without actually compairing it to the old bikes, I think it looks pretty alright. The hubs look cool, the giant dropouts are ugly. It might look better with drop bars, but as some people haven't grown to understand, people are actually using this bikes on the street now(!) instead of the track, so I think the riser bars and geometry are probably what they're going for.

I think the ugliest part about the bike are the cheap axle nuts. A company could dump an extra 50cents into a bike and put some real axle nuts on a bike.
    • CommentAuthornatedogg75
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009

Those Broakland's are sweet. Still not as cool as the GT's IMO, but very cool, and different. The GT Pulse is IT for the Triple Tri track frames. Don't think I would even settle for a GTB due to the inferior welds and tubing personally.

The Gutterball will definitely attract it's own crowd, and it is cool they are building a "track" bike (if you can call it that which I don't think you can with f/r brakes and bottle cage mounts) again, but it is NOTHING like the GTB/Pulse lineup. Just my .02 cents.

-ND

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.