velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Hi im looking for a pursuit frame, preferably cheap, does anyone know where i canfind one online? thanks
    • CommentAuthorAnFinsceal
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011

Yeah buddy, bikes are here:

http://affinitycycles.com/frames/lo-pro/
    For the umpteenth time Affinity Lo Pro's are not pursuit bikes
    • CommentAuthoruhler

looks like one... what makes them non-pursuit frames?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

it just has a really long seat tube.
    • CommentAuthorurchin0903

Posted By: ohyeahchampagneyeahHi im looking for a pursuit frame, preferably cheap, does anyone know where i canfind one online? thanks

sounds like a pursuit ish frame (crazy angled top tube) would probably be enough. since i would just assume theyre going for the looks of it
    • CommentAuthoruhler

I know what pursuit racing is on the track blah blah blah, but what makes a pursuit frame a pursuit frame? why doesn't the affinity lo pro fit those parameters?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2011

pursuit frames are now tt bikes/frames. steep st, slack ht, long(er) wheelbase, short(er) ht length for lower positioning (although with the availability of drop down base bars, this isn't as necessary), etc. essentially it's a not-as-twitchy track frame with a lot of saddle-to-bar drop.
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011

the real question is, why would you want a pursuit frame...
    • CommentAuthoruhler

sooo uncomfortable, your back is horizontal 24/7
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

um, my back is flat on my road bike all the time. and my other bikes. haha.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

has your bike been fitted for you?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011

not a pro fit, but a local guy that does retul fits said i look pretty dead on. your back parallel to the ground is pretty standard.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

it kills my neck/back, i just can't stand it, are you comfortable with a bike setup like that?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011 edited

yeah, i'm mostly comfortable. i actually would like bars with more reach and drop. i don't feel like i'm getting enough leverage in my sprint.

the more you ride the more flexible you become and you'll end up changing your fit. from the looks of your bike, you need to lower and flatten out your saddle, unwrap your bars and raise your levers, and if your neck hurts you should flip your stem. your saddle is really far forward too. maybe you're putting too much weight on your hands and it's causing shoulder/neck issues?

this is from this past weekend. 9400' and 109mi.

*note, i'm not in my hoods properly/elbows bent because we were on a 8% grade and 90mi+ into the ride, so my back isn't as flat as it normally would be during most rides.

and here's in the drops aggressive flat back racing

my buddy does all the pro-fits at the LBS, selling madones and tarmac's and shit. he told me that first thing he does it put on a 130mm stem and a setback post on just about every bike, and then works back in.

he talked me into trying it, i went from a 100mm to a 120mm, and while its more comfortable out on the hoods (im imagining that they're there), i keep finding myself shifting my ass back in the saddle. im about to switch to bullhorns and see what difference that makes.

and by the by, on my guerciotti, when i was in the drops, my back was damn near level, and that was never uncomfortable, cause you dont just chill in the drops really.

--------------------------

meanwhile OP drops this thread on us and never replies ? c'mahn brah. where ya at?
    damn that blank is fucking pretty dude.
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011 edited

yeah, i have leveled my seat since that photo, the levers/stem are set up like that because my shifter housing is too short and i haven't got around to getting new housing/cables.

love the mint green hood covers, what kind of shifters are those?

Edit: ahh those are ultegra, aren't the ultegra hoods the same as tiagra except for the flight deck controls?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

i've done so many fittings working at a shop. as close as they come, nothing can compare to going to a licensed bicycle fitter. BG fit, retul, etc. they go into so much more detail.
    i'm probably getting my buddy's tcr advanced frame that's been sitting in his garage since he got an advanced sl. i'm going to go get a retul fit when i get it. my current frame is limiting me because of the isp.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: uhleryeah, i have leveled my seat since that photo, the levers/stem are set up like that because my shifter housing is too short and i haven't got around to getting new housing/cables.

love the mint green hood covers, what kind of shifters are those?
    they're lime green to matchy-match the tape. and they are ultegra 6600.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.