velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMu_Empire
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011

Ok, sorry for this topic - I'm sure many feel this is an always talked about issue. I tried to search for an applicable thread here and on the internet but there are no reviews of the SP.

Anyway, I am wondering if I'd be better off buying a used Concept or just spring a little more for a new SP with warranty. The main issue I am referring to is the seatpost clamp.
    I see there is a redesign on the SP but is it working out there? If I do get a PC, can I do anything as a preventative measure?

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorMu_Empire

Thanks for that link! They do sound improved and I'd have that many more years left out of the frameset plus a known history.
    • CommentAuthorkarlos

When is the 2011 celeste sp hitting the states!!!???
    I loved my 2004 but a friend of mine who owned old and new, he says ride quality is the same and the new ones are less fragile
    Posted By: karlosWhen is the 2011 celeste sp hitting the states!!!???

You think three times is the charm? Would it suffice for me to say WE DON'T KNOW!!11111
    • CommentAuthorkarlos

Posted By: suicide_doors
    Posted By: karlosWhen is the 2011 celeste sp hitting the states!!!???

You think three times is the charm? Would it suffice for me to say WE DON'T KNOW!!11111
    Trying to get info. if u dont got none mind ur own business, thanks
    I don't got none. Judging by the response to your previous posts, no one else does either. Coming here just to ask the same question over and over probably isn't helping.
    • CommentAuthorkarlos

have u ever heard the sane "it dont hurt to ask"? does it really bother u that much that ive asked the question on these sp forms?
    But you already asked, 3 times

• CommentAuthoruhler

i have the same computer...
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: bensonisajewBut you already asked, 3 times

have you been fapping recently?
    Posted By: karloshave u ever heard the sane "it dont hurt to ask"? does it really bother u that much that ive asked the question on these sp forms?

It doesn't bother me, no. I realize that no one has responded to you in the past, so I am saying, in no uncertain terms, that no one here knows the answer to your question. As veggie pointed out, it doesn't hurt to ask, but you just keep asking. That ends up causing people to ignore or berate you. So yeah, it hurts you to ask the same question over and over. Perhaps you should ask the company with which you placed your pre-order?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: suicide_doorsAs benson pointed out, it doesn't hurt to ask, but you just keep asking.

Ftfy
    Damn, sorry. I have been doing that a lot lately. I'm not much for details.
    • CommentAuthorkarlos
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011

Posted By: suicide_doors
    Posted By: karloshave u ever heard the sane "it dont hurt to ask"? does it really bother u that much that ive asked the question on these sp forms?

It doesn't bother me, no. I realize that no one has responded to you in the past, so I am saying, in no uncertain terms, that no one here knows the answer to your question. As veggie pointed out, it doesn't hurt to ask, but you just keep asking. That ends up causing people to ignore or berate you. So yeah, it hurts you to ask the same question over and over. Perhaps you should ask the company with which you placed your pre-order?
    dont have an international phone to reach bianchi and the bike shop says they dont personaly talk to bianchi so thats where the fourms come into play.
    Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: suicide_doorsAs suicide_doors pointed out, it doesn't hurt to ask, but you just keep asking.

Ftfy

Ftfy
    omfg.
    • CommentAuthorM-DOGG

Posted By: Mu_EmpireThanks for that link! They do sound improved and I'd have that many more years left out of the frameset plus a known history.

If you can find a good deal on a concept (hard, I know) that's in good shape I'd do that. They aren't that different from the SP and it's not like we're talking about a 20 year old frame - I was told when I got mine fixed that the seatpost clamp thing usually happened within the first 6 months, so if you find one that's been ridden and is still crack free you'd be good to go. Plus: concept has cooler paint job than SP brah LOL
    • CommentAuthorMu_Empire

My local shop called Bianchi today and they were told a batch should be here by late May. I asked for celeste but I didn't get an answer to specific colors.

Bummer I ride a 55, I know of two clean used 53 PC's and two used 53 SP's.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.