velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Hey, Jay, yeah; just increase your backer level.

Posted By: kabbakick1) I would like to see a sleeve for it so it if you have to lock your bike at a funny angle it doesn't scrape against what ever its touching. But thats easy so not and issue now.

I don't understand. Is the second "it" in that sentence the bike or the lock? The production model (as opposed to the prototype you're looking at) will have a rubberized surface.

Posted By: kabbakick
    2) At the beginning of the video he is trying to cut it width wise not length wise.

If you're talking about the bolt cutter attack, check out the other attack video. It's designed to not fit well into bolt cutters.

A couple of days ago, I thought I lost my key. Kinda panicked for a minute until I realized I'd just put it in a different pocket.
      • CommentAuthorjayohachen
      • CommentTimeMay 29th 2011

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanA couple of days ago, I thought I lost my key. Kinda panicked for a minute until I realized I'd just put it in a different pocket.

That brings up a good point. Will the TiGr people (you guys) have some sort of key replacement program?
      I've lost my keys to my NYFuggeddaboutit twice and Kryptonite was able to recut & send me some replacements.
    •  
      Yeah, I know John's thinking about that. Ask him at the Kickstarter page.

Speaking of which,

Help us reach $100k! Post, tweet, and blog if you think the project is cool!

Thanks, Velospaceketeers. You guys have been incredible, and thanks Greg for making this possible.

• CommentAuthoreaglerock
      • CommentTimeMay 31st 2011

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanHelp us reach $100k! Post, tweet, and blog if you think the project is cool!
      Thanks, Velospaceketeers. You guys have been incredible, and thanks Greg for making this possible.

It's funny. I spent yesterday afternoon at the annual Point Richmond Garage Sale:

I got out of the house late (it's about a 12-mile ride along the bay to Point Richmond), so I missed most of the good stuff; but I was basically going to chat. Point Richmond is a small neighborhood/village with a lot of short, steep hills, so I got a lot of credit for riding in. I spoke to one woman who had sold a Klein Quantum before I got there - and the guy who bought it earlier walked past while we were talking.

Later on, I spoke to a woman who asked my opinion on her price for a 2004 Giro Stylus ("$40 for a seven-year old helmet? Way too much"), and then asked for lock opinions. I showed her my Kryptonite NY, and then volunteered info on the TiGR.
    •  
      Thanks, man!
    •  
      The project closes in just 60 hours now! I'm really excited for this project to enter production.
    •  
      Cleared $100k with a day to go!
      • CommentAuthorAaron C
      • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanCleared $100k with a day to go!

wowzers!
    •  
      srsly
      • CommentAuthorpolitburo
      • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011

so uh... when do I get my lock? :D
    •  
      You'll have to ask John! He's the captain of the manufacturing stuff. There will be updates about the manufacturing process as it goes along.
    •  
      We have another great Kickstarter project.. Please check out the flipphandle and be part of another innovation in cycling..
      We love you all!

http://kck.st/flipphandle
      • CommentAuthorpolitburo
      • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011 edited

i'll save my scathing criticism of the impalotron 9000 and just say "start your own thread."
      • CommentAuthoruhler
      • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

OH MY GOD

i started laughing so hard when she tripped and dropped the groceries!!!!

@ Politburo, quick edit....
      • CommentAuthorpolitburo

yeah. i'm a dick!
      • CommentAuthoruhler

Dick.
      • CommentAuthorAaron C

ah, velospace ate my post!!

anyways to summarize:
      I think it is somewhat inappropriate that you joined this site simply to pedal you invention (haha, pun intended!). This isn't some site for you to just show up and tantalize us with your gizmos.
      I'd love if you came and participated as a real human (i.e. not "flipphandle"), and contributed something to the community. you need to build a rapport us first.

With that in mind, I could see how this would be helpful for the casual cyclist who uses their bike to get from here to there. but these people do not spend a great deal of money investing in aftermarket "upgrades," nor do they do the research required to stumble upon a product like this.
      I can not see "serious" cyclist using a product like this. I am very wary of anything that may result in my face meeting pavement at an inopportune time (anytime really). I do not want anymore potential sources of error in my cockpit. Furthermore, you would have to do some serious convincing to make me believe that this is mechanically reliable. my bikes already have enough doodads.

It is also, as politbuo said, potentially an "impalotron 900"

Anyway, I think it is a nice idea and your ad campaign is slick, I just don't see the market for a device such as this. I wish you luck, and hope that next time you'll come and chat a while before you try to sell us something.
    •  
      Posted By: Aaron CI just don't see the market for a device such as this. I wish you luck, and hope that next time you'll come and chat a while before you try to sell us something.

agreed. Plus, almost all of the fictional "users" "issues" could have been solved without the use of such a divice. It came off more like one of those Billy Mays commercials where the girl in a black-and-white scene stumbles over her shoe laced and instead of tying her shoes she buys a product for 3 easy payments of 19.95 that is more useless than a humidifier in a swamp.

And to the titanium lock guy: good luck and it's awesome you have such a high pledge already. Although I personally don't have a use for it right now, it would be beneficial if I lived in a climate that I could bike to work in my suit instead of lycra with a change of clothes. So soon as I move, I'll definitely go for your product.

• CommentAuthortypeDvorak
      • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

This bump is a reminder that I now have the funds to purchase a lock. :C
      • CommentAuthorpolitburo
      • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

Got the t-shirt and some stickers last week, looking good. Cant wait to get my hands on the lock!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
    © 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.