velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Posted By: spader725

they don't happen to sell those bauhaus jerseys in stores/lbs, do they?

N.B.: it somehow makes me stink extrabad.
    50k! W00t!

I'm finishing up a fourth (!) video right now. It should be up tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2011

Posted By: Joshua A.C. Newman50k! W00t!

Awesome!
    • CommentAuthorBamfs01
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Wow, congratulations on this project! I hope it's as successful as the fund raising has been.

Bravo
    I hope so, too! We're putting a lot of work in on the back end* to make sure the product is really good.

*like you'd expect on a project with suicide_doors' mom
    • CommentAuthorBamfs01

OMG well done sir
    Like Suicide_Doors' mom!
    • CommentAuthorgreg

The way this project took off from an idea, to a prototype, to the marketing, to raising over $50,000 in seed money is incredible. You and John should be proud of yourselves for success that many of us can only hope to have some day
    I need to make T shirts that just say MAKE STUFF.

I had a friend ask me once what my secret was, why I had the confidence to publish things I made. I said it was because of all the things I'd made but didn't publish, that I try again.

It's not a superpower. It's an assumption that most things will fail, and most failures will lead to an understanding that will eventually lead to success, even if it's not in the area I was expecting.

So look who's talking, Greg! Look at this famous, highly-populated website you've got! It's without a doubt the best-mannered, most fun site I go to, and I'm on a lot of fora. My mother in-law once commented that I seem to spend all my time looking at bicycles on the Internet, and that's thanks to you!
    Oh, and the video's up!

• CommentAuthorMancha150

Just started reading all this (unfortunately...should have read when you started this post). This look awesome joshua, great work! I wish you and your colleague the best as the ball continues to roll with this project. Can't wait to see where it ends up!
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanLike Suicide_Doors' mom!

Dammit, not this again. Eventually she's going to die and you're going to feel bad.
    • CommentAuthorNash
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011

almost 80k. that is pretty damn awesome.
    I'm constantly amazed at people's enthusiasm.

John's a really smart dude. This is a neat thing he invented.
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011

I'm not in the market for a new lock currently, but when this becomes a real production I could see myself ordering one instead of a new Kryptonite.
    Hey, TypeDvorak,

Is it a way that does not involve also purchasing the little brothers size? :3

John's now added a backer level that's just the big TiGr!
    • CommentAuthorkabbakick
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011

1) I would like to see a sleeve for it so it if you have to lock your bike at a funny angle it doesn't scrape against what ever its touching. But thats easy so not and issue now.

2) At the beginning of the video he is trying to cut it width wise not length wise.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: kabbakick2) At the beginning of the video he is trying to cut it width wise not length wise.

I believe there are other videos that show him cutting length wise if i get your meaning. the lock is too wide to fit inside the mouth of a bolt cutter on its edge.
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen

Is there any way to upgrade to a higher level?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.