velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011

Awesome videos, I enjoyed watching John hack away at the locks. The demo video is really helpful too Joshua - thanks for showing us how it all works
    My pleasure!

We're now 83% to our goal with a month to go. One more bump and we've got it!
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011

holy crap, less than 2K to go.
    Yeah, it looks like we'll be in the clear by Friday!
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011

My friend ran into it on one of those geek sites, he loved it, and imediatly tried to think of ways to break it, all of which you have proved to be very hard and/or impossible.
    W00t!

101% and going strong! Baby's gettin' a new pair of biking shoes!

Uhler, it's obviously a challenge. Lots of people are coming up with "I bet you never thought of..!" ways to break it — that, indeed, John's thought of, because he designs locks, and that's what you do when you design locks. Those comments are great, though! No one posts something like that unless they think it's neat. They want to see the lock and its materials be amazing.

We're actually doing a new attack video, but John and I are both really tired, so don't expect it before next week.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011

Posted By: Joshua A.C. Newman101% and going strong!

cool dood! good for you!
    I can't wait to try it out.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011

For those of us who didn't kick in $100, but did kick in something: Will our contribution get us some kind of credit on the retail price, once the prepaid orders have been filled? If you don't ask, you don't get...
    I don't know! You'll have to message John on Kickstarter. That's his end of the process.
    Will the beefy size be available retail? Do. Want.
    Yeah, John has retail plans. I don't know exactly what they are, but I'm pretty sure we won't know for certain until the Kickstarter's over, all manufacturing is done, and he knows exactly what everything actually costs.

If you want one, I know a way you can get one, though!
    Is it a way that does not involve also purchasing the little brothers size? :3
    thumbs up on the mention in bsnyc today
    I TOLD HIM THEY WERE TRAINING CHOPSTICKS FOR A GIANT BABY WHY WOULDNT HE LISTEN
    Congratulations on your success.

I wonder if you considered making only a bow designed for use with a u-lock, as a replacement for those terrible braided steel cables used to secure a bike's unlocked wheel.
    I think you're talking about solving a slightly different problem. The TiGr locks both wheels at once.

Dvorak, seriously, PM John. He knows where he comes from.
    • CommentAuthorspader725
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanSo, hey, wanna see how much I have to lose those pounds?Check out the new video!

Incidentally it also shows how you use the lock and bow.

No, you can't slide it over the parking meter.

they don't happen to sell those bauhaus jerseys in stores/lbs, do they?
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: spader725they don't happen to sell those bauhaus jerseys in stores/lbs, do they?

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bauhaus+cycling+jersey&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

They were around a few years ago, from Retro Image Apparal - sort of a Primal Wear for the literary set. The manufacturer has a longsleeve version in small and medium at the moment for $30; the shortsleeve is available in all sizes for $80.
    • CommentAuthorspader725

Posted By: eaglerock
    Posted By: spader725they don't happen to sell those bauhaus jerseys in stores/lbs, do they?

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bauhaus+cycling+jersey&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

They were around a few years ago, fromRetro Image Apparal- sort of a Primal Wear for the literary set. The manufacturer has a longsleeve version in small and medium at the moment for $30; the shortsleeve is available in all sizes for $80.

Wow thanks for the link for the long-sleeve! Impulse-buy complete. Big fan of bauhaus, and don't have any jerseys, so just killed two birds with one stone here

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.