velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011 edited

I was going to make a thread as soon as I got back, but I forgot. When I remembered I thought it was too late. It's never too late!

These are in no particular order.

^When I walked by with my camera this guy instantly lit up and started talking about this bike, most of which went in one end and out the other. I think he said something about "liger" being a spur of the moment type thing.

^You shoulda seen the guy at this bike's booth.

^this one had no visible bolts, everything was hidden, They even welded the rails of the b17 to the seatpost. Better make damn sure that's where you want it. I'm kinda upset this is the only photo I got of it.

^suhweet

This one was made to be used with a dyno hub. All the wires for the lights were run internally through the fork and frame. This was another guy who talked forever, although I was actually interested in what he was saying.

^Vanilla. Whata bunch o hipsters. There was a builder with frames exactly like Vanilla's for like half the price .

^What a beast
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011

awww your pretty enough as it is, we want more!! :P just kidding thanks for sharing veggie, that Liger is a hilarious
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

man I wish I lived close to austin. That looks like it was a lot of fun. Lot of parlee bikes, I am starting to like that brand
    • CommentAuthorgreg

awesome photos, thanks for sharing. The bolt-less bike is amazing
    Posted By: veggie^this one had no visible bolts, everything was hidden, They even welded the rails of the b17 to the seatpost. Better make damn sure that's where you want it. I'm kinda upset this is the only photo I got of it.

It won an award so there are more pics on the NAHBS site.

That last one is a beauty.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: gregawesome photos, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.

^I want to see this built up.

^Don Walker bikes are so pretty
    • CommentAuthorveggie

^just laughing and taking pictures of the guy in full kit.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

^My dad wanted a picture "with" Roland Della Santa

^We went to lunch and I saw the mavic benz.

^I liked these, they were understated, but very pretty, at least to me.

^This was my dad's favorite, unfortunately he forgot to vote for it as the best builder or whatever it was.

• CommentAuthorveggie

You'll get the rest later.
    85% sure I've walked through the parking lot with the Mavic van.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

It's right in front of the convention center, so you probably have
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Pink grenades? Mr. Brainwash much?
    My fav one

Posted By: veggie
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011

Posted By: veggie

Are those the hayes prime brakes?
    I love that Richard Sachs leaves all the mud on his cyclocross bikes. They were like that at the Bespoke show in NYC too. In the middle of this shiny museum.

Did you get a chance to fool with a NuVinci hub? Those things are seriously neat but I've never gotten close to one.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011 edited

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanDid you get a chance to fool with a NuVinci hub? Those things are seriously neat but I've never gotten close to one.

I've had my eye on those things for the last few years out of techno-curiosity. My friend Elizabeth (AKA Wheelgirl) split a booth at SF Bike Expo last fall with a CycleMonkey from Albany, the North American service center for Rohloff hubs. Those guys had a NuVinci hub they were selling for $225. Fortunately, I didn't have $225...

One drawback of the NuVinci is that gripshifting is the only official available method. In theory, since the gearing is continuous (rather than stepped, as you move from one cog to the next), friction shifting should work fine, right? You could use a barcon?
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011

I really liked the Dominguez and looked them up. Quite the artists. Check out the gallery. http://www.dominguezcycles.com
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011

nice pic, veggie.

2012 is in Sacramento!
    I will be making an attempt to be at the 2012 show. Maybe I'll take my bike on the train.... Can I do that, I wonder?
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011 edited

^Hell yes! I did take more pictures, this must have been one of my other trips around.

^very nice bike in my opinion

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.