velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I'll be there for at least the weekend of April 8-10th so if your down to ride let me know! I'm checking out SFSU for the weekend and really wanna get some riding done so I can see what modifications need to be done before I move there later this year! I'd appreciate being shown the sick riding spots around so let me know!
    • CommentAuthordiscotraxx
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011

hey man, i live in the city & go to sfsu. i'm always down for a good ride. hit me up!
    siik P.M. with contact info
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011

down for a vs ride. I'm in the south bay, but will happily come up on the train for a group ride.
    lets make it happen
    aw man! i seen this post n got excited cuz im from the city and sfsu also! but, ill be in ny that weekend =/ weak shit
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011

oh, poor you - you get to go to ny ;)
    poliburo does that imply you can make it?
    Have fun guys!! Bringing my bike to ny for the first time :) looks like April is gonna be a fun month
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011

yes i can be there, early is good. Are you going road or fixed?
    all i have is fixed xD alas atm I am stuck saving money for college, leaving me for the time being a tark kid xD
    so I seriously hate to push my own thread, but if anyone else in the bay area is free next weekend, please join us for a ride. It'd be cool to meet a few people out there before I move as well as to get used to the biking community in SF
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011

Where and when? I'm going to be at the Pedaler swap in the East Bay on Sunday, but Saturday's an option.
    Sunday I leave at 6am for San Diego
    I have all today open as well as Saturday after about 1pm I think
    as far as where idk, its your city as of now, i'm just kind of exploring to see what i need to change for riding here
    I already believe i'm gonna need to swap out to a 49 chainring and throw a brake on, at least for the first few months, then again i'm crashing on grand view ave so this isnt exactly the most fixed friendly neighborhood
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011 edited

Where are you going in SD? There are some pretty good eateries that I've had friends take me to when visiting. All I can think of atm is Porky's at the end of the 183 (138?) and JV's up by Mission Bay. Porky's is a vegan place with great burritos and jv's is a mexican place with great burritos and awesome green sauce. If you find you have time and want to ride around I STRONGLY recommend going to Balboa. There are four or five museums there is a small zoo! The cobblestone on the floor can get tiresome, BUT YOU'RE IN A CASTLE. or zombie fortress, or world's fair thing depending on how imaginative you feel like being. OH, I almost forgot of crazee burger in el cajon. Ummm... http://www.crazeeburger.com/menu/ Alligator, Buffalo, Antalope, Kangaroo. They have Stone Brewery on tap, a microbrewery located just north of San Diego and local favourite if you can find a pint of their Lukcy Bastard consider yourself a fortunate man as it was a limited run. Try a california burrito also, available wherever mexicans cook tex-mex for white people. It's basically an asada -steak- burrito with fries or potatoes in it that demands to be steeped favourite hot sauce. As the burriton itself does not have a single-ethnic background feel free to venture outside the realm of mexican hot sauce. Cock sauce/sriracha, Crystal's/Louisiana, and that vinegar + pepper flakes stuff they have at thai places are good starting points.
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo

I'm working all weekend :-/
    If you guys get a time/location scheduled for a ride, message me the info because I may be able to ride along. I'm supposed to go to Yosemite this weekend, but because our government is failing to agree and possibly shutting down, it may be closed and I won't be able to go. So if the government shuts down, I can ride. I moved to SF about 6 months ago, still looking to meet some people to ride with. I ride both fixed and road.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

it's not porkys. it's pokez.
    • CommentAuthorxAlejandrox
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011 edited

lol Dvocrak if you looked at my profile you'dve seen that i'm from san diego lol [btw its pokez]
    and walking dead pm either me or discotraxx
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011

:x

Haha, I thought it was odd how they had a veggie type menu and that name.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.