velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthortimmy240
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011 edited

So I now officially have four bikes in my apartment between mine, my fiancee's two bikes and my room mates. I've seen some wall mounting systems that consist of pulleys, that hold the bike up by what appears to be wire and I was wondering if those are very accessible. I thought about these b/c it looks like it's not too invasive in regards to mounting it, unlike regular bike hooks that use 1/2" screws. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'd appreciate some details.

EDIT: A hoist! Who's got the skinny on good hoists?
    I think those are mostly for garages (not like you can't put that in your apartment) and i have never seen any that take more than one. Your best bet would be to stick four hooks in the wall and hand the bikes like this...

• CommentAuthortimmy240
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011

Yeah I guess. I suppose it won't be too much work to fill them back in when we leave in a year, do you have a link for those in the picture?
    I've got two of these "gravity stands" in my apartment, they work out pretty well, and theres no need for any holes in the wall or anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Michelangelo-Two-Bike-Gravity-Stand/dp/B000ACAM38

I originally paid like $70 for one a few years ago, but I bought the exact one linked above at Target for like $25. They updated the design to have these red hooks, which work better than the old design which had gray hooks. The link above does say "red hooks" in the listing but doesn't actually show them in the pictures. The gray hook ones were designed slightly differently and just didn't work as well.

Long story short, these racks work out well for me to have multiple bikes in my small apartment. Good luck.
    I have the one that Brooklyn Bomb posted the pic of. Its in my apartment and its been great. Super cheap too. just make sure you mount it right or it will pull out of the drywall. The only downside is that it wont fit wheels over 40mm. I had an h plus son that barely fit into it and a Hed trispoke that was too big too fit. as long as your running anything smaller than those, its fine
    Posted By: WalkingDeadI've got two of these "gravity stands" in my apartment, they work out pretty well, and theres no need for any holes in the wall or anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Michelangelo-Two-Bike-Gravity-Stand/dp/B000ACAM38

I originally paid like $70 for one a few years ago, but I bought the exact one linked above at Target for like $25. They updated the design to have these red hooks, which work better than the old design which had gray hooks. The link above does say "red hooks" in the listing but doesn't actually show them in the pictures. The gray hook ones were designed slightly differently and just didn't work as well.

Long story short, these racks work out well for me to have multiple bikes in my small apartment. Good luck.

Will 2 bikes fit on this rack? This thing looks pretty legit
    I have the older model and it works fine. I think it's rated at 60-70lbs. I hang two bikes (46lbs) on the top hook and have 4 on the floor below. 6 bikes in roughly 4x8 feet.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.