velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

i need alot of float because of some pins in my right foot , i have never run my fixed gear bikes clipless and was wondering how well it works
    im using speedplay zero's on my roadie (huge amount of float and i need that) but dont know about running it on a fix ?
    any commentS ?
    I have a similar issue due to a weird knee and have been trying to figure out what to use, myself. I've heard their Frogs are good for people who need the float.

The Zeros look pretty good.
    • CommentAuthorBenR
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009

The zeros are great, and they are narrow, so you have good cornering clearance.
    speedplay frogs and mountain shoes . lots of float and you can walk if you have to .I got hit by a car useing this set up and I belive it is what saved my knee
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009

whats this floating ?
    Posted By: deermattwhats this floating ?

its fucking SCIENCE
    • CommentAuthorcyrsir51
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009

i think float is the wiggle room when clipped in... I THINK

im riding forte cr150 with my road shoes on my fixed... i like it ALOT
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009

yea, you basically nailed it. it is the degree to which you are move your heel side to side before you pull out of the pedal.
    I have an old set of speed plays. They feel funny at first but dont think there are any better...
    On a recommendation, I got a pair of Bebops in the end. I'll let you folks know how they go.

They look cooler than the Frogs, cost less, are lighter, and came with a bigger recommendation.
    clipless riding while on a fixed gear is awesome.
    I'm running shimano 105 pedals with specialized shoes and I love it.
    Posted By: deermattwhats this floating ?

Here's a link that I think may help; http://www.beboppedals.com/
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009

from what Ive been reading, TIME atac pedals + mtb shoes are the way to go

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.