velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011

who does it?
    what organization are you under?
    what category are you?
    how's your season going?

i race mostly crits because i'm 210lbs and climb like an elephant. i'll still do road races when i can be of some assistance.
    i'm a cat four and i'm the designated sprinter on my team.
    season's going alright; still trying to get into the groove. but i was laid off from my job and going out every weekend is out of the question.
    my goal is to be a three by the end of the season and maybe be picked up by ritte.
    So nice to have a thread like this. Good call Rabbi. Sorry to hear about you getting laid off...

I'm in the middle of collegiate racing season right now; racing on the UC Davis team as a men's B in the WCCC after spending last year as a D. When the USAC season warms up a bit I'll be racing cat 4 for the Davis Bike Club. Just got that upgrade, so hopefully I'll earn some good points this season and be poised for a 3 upgrade at the end of the season or beginning of next year. Definitely gonna race a lot more than last year. As far as my role within the team, I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. I'm 150lbs and am not the best sprinter, the best TTer, or the best climber but I make do between the three. Love road races, though they kick my ass every time. Hoping for some good results this year and looking forward to the next few years of collegiate racing (I'm a sophomore right now) plus whatever lies beyond that.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011

i am starting to race as a junior both at the track and on the road. as a junior all the races are pretty short but i am light , like 125 so i climb pretty well and i have a decent track sprint, i have not done much road racing yet so i am not sure how it will translate.. i am going to ride with a youth developmental team, the fulton flyers. but im really looking forward to doing some road races and we'll see how it goes...
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011

Posted By: Haegani am starting to race as a junior both at the track and on the road. as a junior all the races are pretty short but i am light , like 125 so i climb pretty well and i have a decent track sprint, i have not done much road racing yet so i am not sure how it will translate.. i am going to ride with a youth developmental team, the fulton flyers. but im really looking forward to doing some road races and we'll see how it goes...
    make sure you have your junior gears pefect. usac officials don't fuck around. go to the usac website and search for "junior gear restrictions."
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: the fumingatorI'm in the middle of collegiate racing season right now; racing on the UC Davis team as a men's B in the WCCC after spending last year as a D. When the USAC season warms up a bit I'll be racing cat 4 for the Davis Bike Club. Just got that upgrade, so hopefully I'll earn some good points this season and be poised for a 3 upgrade at the end of the season or beginning of next year. Definitely gonna race a lot more than last year. As far as my role within the team, I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. I'm 150lbs and am not the best sprinter, the best TTer, or the best climber but I make do between the three. Love road races, though they kick my ass every time. Hoping for some good results this year and looking forward to the next few years of collegiate racing (I'm a sophomore right now) plus whatever lies beyond that.
    i'm hoping to be on the newly formed unlv cycling team next season when i start going back to school. we'll see. it's just going to be a pain in the ass to bring two kits to every race.
    I don't know about you, but it's February still here, and the real road season still has a long way to go. :O

help trapped under ice/snow/blizzard
    • CommentAuthorncecchi

I rode my snowboard for half a day and my road bike for half a day today.

Wherever you are Octopus, you need to move.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

yeah junior gearing is retarded. max of 48x18 on the track and 52x14 road (which makes no sense, why higher gears on the road?)
    • CommentAuthoroogens

i just wheeze myself ungracefully on my old steel trek and ask myself why i bother for half an hour.

<3 bikes right?
    retro-freds unite!
    • CommentAuthorMKE_BIKE
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

We start Practice Crits next month near Milwaukee so just trying to get miles in while still buried in snow. I'll be racing for Team Pegasus and doing cat 5 in road and Track.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

i wish we had something like Pegasus out here. definitely jealous.

and OM, you just need to up your Jens Factor.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: Haeganyeah junior gearing is retarded. max of 48x18 on the track and 52x14 road (which makes no sense, why higher gears on the road?)
    they want you to learn to spin and control your bike. you go faster on the road on descents, so you need a bigger gear.
    • CommentAuthorwoodcn
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011

Maybe I missed something awhile back, so sorry for beating a dead horse if so, but I just got back from the first Midwest Collegiate Cycling Conference hosted by Lindsey Wilson College in Kentucky this weekend. I noticed the DePaul University kits had Velospace logos on them. Is Velospace sponsoring a collegiate team this year? If so that is pretty cool, raced with a couple of their D's this weekend.
    Whoa, that's cool. How did your races go? Men's D yes?

I was out this weekend at Cal Poly SLO in the WCCC... managed to snag a win in the Men's B crit despite crashing into a hay bale 20 minutes into it. Hooray for free laps!
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: the fumingatorCal Poly SLO

Say wha?
    oh shi-

do you go to school there?
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Posted By: the fumingatoroh shi-

do you go to school there?

No but i was there, i wonder if i saw you, where you here yesterday too?
    yessah. UCD kit with the Pinarello that's posted under my bikes. What were you up to at the races?
    • CommentAuthoruhler

Ima local, nothing better to do on a saturday, didn't make it today.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.