velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorShaneAlch
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited

I came across an amazing offer I couldn't pass up. 2007 Vigorelli in a size 54cm for $800 complete with campy components.
    I'm buying it tomorrow regardless but I heard the frame runs bigger than usual.
    I'm currently riding a 52cm Felt Tk2 and it feels a tad small.
    I'm 5'8. Does anybody have experience with this frame around the same size?
    I want to list my Felt but I'll have to keep it if the Cinelli isn't a good fit.
    I am 5ft10 and I ridden a 54cm Vig and felt bigger more like a 55 56 almost (top tube wise) So it fits me nicely I think it may be big on you or you can manage to fit it but I cant say for sure I dont know your body proportions
    The top tube on the Vig is going to be 2.5cm longer. You can get a smaller stem to compensate.
    • CommentAuthorf64
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

"regardless"

Judging a size by height = inaccurate form of fitting & you shouldn't just get a small stem/mess with saddle fore/aft to compensate. Never..
    I'd say get yourself fit from a buddy that knows all about fittings or a shop first before investing that much on a fixed (especially a Vig )
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

A 54cm Vigorelli has a 54cm ST (c-t) and a 54.5cm TT (c-c), so it's pretty standard. TK2s are more compact all around, and by the way they fit should probably be sized one size (2cm) down. The c-c measurements for a 52cm TK2 are 45.7 ST and 50.8 TT. I guess this depends on how much too small your current bike fits.
    • CommentAuthordynamic
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011 edited

i'm about 5'7'' and i owned a 52cm vigorelli. it was very comfortable, i wouldn't say it fit big. but i think the tt was 53, st was 52. i ran a 100mm stem and could have went for 110mm, but i guess i prefer being stretched out. you'll definitely fit the 54, but if i was 5'8", i'd go for a 52. but go for the 54 if it's a deal.
    I guess it will fit with the right stem. Try a 100mm or 90mm stem, depending on your upper body height.
    I have two bikes with 54.5cm top tube and ride them with 90mm stems and do just fine. I'm 5' 7 (5' 77 to be accurate...).
    • CommentAuthorShaneAlch
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011

Thanks for all your guys' help
    I believe it has a 90mm on it right now, so I'm hoping that will set me just right.
    I used to ride a 56cm fuji with a 110mm stem which I felt the reach was slightly uncomfortable.
    • CommentAuthorPinkmaggit
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011

I am 5'7" (I think) and had a 54cm with a 90mm stem, felt good.
    • CommentAuthordoorag
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011

I'm glad that I found this thread. I just ordered a 2011 Vigorelli on a size 54 w/ deda Pista stem 100mm. I was schedule to pick it up in a couple of days. I called my supplier and told them that I might need get size for this frame.

Question that I have is, I'm 5'7" should I just switch stem to 90mm or is it more worth it to just get size for the frame?

The only reason why is the shop close at 6pm and my appointment is at 5pm. Im going to try to leave my work around 4 but still need to get home and grab my car. So it's gonna be a rush to get to the shop w/ rush hour traffic.

It's more like a dilemma :)

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.