velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

looks exactly the same with different decals and a third color option which is filthy
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011

Filthy good or filthy bad?
    Its been out....
    • CommentAuthorPinkmaggit

It's got altered chainstays?
    That is the worst crankset ever!! Fsa vigorelli.

Smoother welds now, also shortened chainstays, plus higher price. So not exactly the same.
    • CommentAuthorscmalex
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011 edited

the seafoam green/bianchi celeste ripoff is kinda lame. Its only cool on bianchi bikes for some reason. they should offer trendier colors like pink, yellow and purple so it can match sweet powdercoated aerospokes!

at least they fixed the ugly weld part of the leader equation, but the real question is: did they finally get their geometry right?
    the welds are nicely done; anyone ridden one that can vouch for it?
    • CommentAuthormoy123

i never got whats wrong with the leader geometry
    What Alphanumeric said in another forum

"Judging by the welds on the dropouts and the fact that grinding down a weld without severly weakening it requires a lot of time and patience the welds on the new Leader are covered up with putty. I bet this is why the frame looks to be no longer available in a raw finish. Otherwise you would see the same old welds like on the droputs"
    Posted By: scmalexdid they finally get their geometry right?

The top tube still looks 2x longer than the seat tube 4 teh bahhspinz
    • CommentAuthorncecchi

Posted By: moy123i never got whats wrong with the leader geometry

it's fucking shiite. The back triangle places the wheel way far back resulting in lots of trail, not really great for a track bike.

The welds do look puttied, and if they are ground, it's probably a strength issue. The 725 is not their best frame, i don't know why they can't fix it.
    i would rather ride a conversion than a leader.
    • CommentAuthortreefilly
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011

Posted By: ncecchi
    Posted By: moy123i never got whats wrong with the leader geometry

it's fucking shiite. The back triangle places the wheel way far back resulting in lots of trail, not really great for a track bike.

The welds do look puttied, and if they are ground, it's probably a strength issue. The 725 is not their best frame, i don't know why they can't fix it.

i think they changed the rear triangle problem since theres not alot as much space between the frame and the rear wheel now...im still waiting for some reviews on the new 725tr tho
    • CommentAuthormuckymucky
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited

the dropout welds are fking uglier than and is probably equivalent to a crushed up beer can.
    • CommentAuthorheadphone
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011

they bondo'ed the frame? hahaha
    rofl, i'm glad the enthusiasm is here xD
    how's about a positive spin on this thread?
    things you would fix on this bike
    once this thread dies we'll send leader the link
    • CommentAuthorncecchi
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011

In that case, Ryan, from Leader, you're cool. You were really helpful on the phone, although you shouldn't have sold me a 725, you should have sold me 2 722's. Because that should be the type of frames you guys are making.

Seriously, if and when you read this, go get a 722, and go get a 725 in the warehouse, and set them next to each other.

Think about which one looks better. Feels better. Doesn't have a fucked up rear triangle. Compare the welds. Does it appear as though 1 was done by an extremely dexterous 11 year old Tiawanese kid? (They're the best, really) Does one look like jane goodall and the fucking great apes welded that bitch up? I thought so. Contemplate,
    Breath, Take a bong hit.

Now envision what a simple high end track frame would look like, and make that motherfucker.
    • CommentAuthortreefilly
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011 edited

Posted By: ncecchiIn that case, Ryan, from Leader, you're cool. You were really helpful on the phone, although you shouldn't have sold me a 725, you should have sold me 2 722's. Because that should be the type of frames you guys are making.

Seriously, if and when you read this, go get a 722, and go get a 725 in the warehouse, and set them next to each other.

Think about which one looks better. Feels better. Doesn't have a fucked up rear triangle. Compare the welds. Does it appear as though 1 was done by an extremely dexterous 11 year old Tiawanese kid? (They're the best, really) Does one look like jane goodall and the fucking great apes welded that bitch up? I thought so. Contemplate,
    Breath, Take a bong hit.

Now envision what a simple high end track frame would look like, and make that motherfucker.

the welds look pretty clean to me on the new leader in the pics but i could be mistaken
    • CommentAuthorncecchi
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

they are bondo'd.

nice welds are nice welds, not smoothed over or filled in. It's an art.
    Alot of people trash Leader and rightly so, I don't get their whole deal with the 725. They keep fucking it up.

But as a welder, it is so easy to look at the 722, and yeah steel is easier to weld, but it's not MIG'd to save money, it's legit TIGd and done quite nicely. For any steel bike, they would be nice welds. It has nice dropouts.

The 725 is TIG'd Aluminum, but it looks like someone put a blindfold on a 7 year old and tried to MIG it with a welder from Harbor Freight.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.