velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

whats a good trick bike build?
    my friend (honestly) is looking at building one from the ground up
    • CommentAuthor8vpete
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011

Eighth Inch Scrambler V3, check it out!
    don't worry about being a hipster; only fixie kids ride tarck bikes
    Eighth Inch sucks wang at everything and if you actually want something to bash around, I'd watch out for the new specialized completes that are going to be coming out. They're going to be like sub 800 bucks complete Or if 26' isn't your style you could look on ben's cycles. I think they've got some bruiser economy builds for sale. I think volume has some complete thrashers as well.
    http://www.14bikeco.com/frames

http://volumebikes.com/70026/frames/cutter-frame/

http://volumebikes.com/70026/parts/fork-fu-manchu/

http://allcitycycles.com/bikes/dropout_framesets/

and eighth inch is also at least good to look at you get to figure out if you want it

and either b43 or chukker wheels (generally speaking something with a solid hub and 32-36 hole count and rim known for abuse)

thats a good place to start, what kind of cranks you want will determines the bb you get.

i've heard good thinks about Fyxation pedals that are about to come out/ have come out

and you can't beat hold fast in hand made strap quality though sometimes tricky to get your hands on them.
    • CommentAuthorMtbfixed

So, what is it exactly to be considered a "Hipster?"
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Oh no, Mr. Bill!

• CommentAuthorheadphone

...start with a FBM bmx frame.
    • CommentAuthorMtbfixed

Oh man, Mr. Bill.Now that brings back memories.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011 edited

Posted By: MtbfixedOh man, Mr. Bill.Now that brings back memories.

Doesn't he? The Mr. Bill Dude is from South Louisiana, and he did a PSA on saving endangered wetlands shortly before Katrina. It's also on youTube:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean that one, although it's good too. I meant this one:

Here comes Hurricane Sluggo!
    • CommentAuthorMtbfixed

That play-doe alligator was hilarious looking.
    • CommentAuthorscmalex

I am the aforementioned friend. Tarck tricks don't cut it anymore, so I'm building a cheap fgfs bike just for throwing around and learning tricks.

I've been looking at the scrambler v3 frameset cause it is cheap as tits and has good reviews on Trick Track except for its barspin clearance (ive been throwing bars on track frames with milimeters of clearance so its not that big of a deal)
    As for the fork, I'm looking at the RYD Havoc.
    I already have a crank, DH bars/stem and eighth inch julians with 35's mounted on them from another builds.

If I get good enough, that specialized looks like a rad bike to buy. compact gearing and dual 26"!

I'm not entirely sure why alejandro made this thread... maybe he wants to copy me!
    • CommentAuthorMtbfixed

That sounds really cool,I love the Specialized brand.What 26 inch thrashers are you guys talking about? I am on the Specialized web sight often,did I miss a new bike?
    • CommentAuthorscmalex

• CommentAuthorMtbfixed

Thanks for the link,really bad ass.I had a 2006 Specialized P1 cromoly that I wish I had held on to.It was a 26x24 dirt jumper in a sparkley-matt black finish with over sprayed stencil graphics.I bought it new as my first Specialized,wanted one since I was a teenager.I did not even know what "dirt jumping" was,the bike just looked cool.I rode it around for 4 years then sold it to a young kid who could really use it to its full potential.
    • CommentAuthorncecchi
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011

check out the Volume Thrasher. Or you could get an SE LAGER for like $60 from Nashbar if you really do just want a cheap bike for smashing around. BMX cranks, get some Wellgo Magnesium pedals with Hold-fast straps and a cro-mo bar.
    good luck.
    lolz alex i actually made this for nick DLR but i guess + now that i haz tah employment, i'ma build one too, but i'm looking like a bmx bike for someone 6'1''. dgaf if its tarck or not, but i'd be down to as well. just throw keep the ideas coming, like bmx build, tark builds whatevers
    i just know i want something indestructible i'll have hella fun with.
    Get a complete Schwinn Madison for cheap. Good geometry, Good price, and bomb-proof steel.
    • CommentAuthoryoyoyohey
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2011

Posted By: Daniel LaROssoGet a complete Schwinn Madison for cheap. Good geometry, Good price, and bomb-proof steel.

Then spend more money changing parts to make it to be able to do tricks? Might as well get a trick build from the beginning

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.