velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I have seen pictures of an orange paint scheme Vigorelli, but can't find out much about it! Is there anybody in the loop who could enlighten me?
    • CommentAuthorKevint143
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011

I believe it was that Garret guy from mash's from when they did the TOC.
    He probably means this one (popped up on fixedgeargallery the other day with no information):
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

woa nelly that is an expensive wheelset. what a waste
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Very pumpkin.
    Posted By: Mancha150woa nelly that is an expensive wheelset. what a waste

Aerodynamic wheels make up for the non aerodynamic seat position.
    Clearly the person that built that orange MASH has no clue what their doing. It's not even the correct size for them, judging by the seat being crammed all the way down. Damn, the seat is almost lower than the bars! Might as well just get a beach cruiser. What bothers me most is the little tiny chainring and huge rear cog. They are probably riding a low 60's gearing, so they can top out at 5mph.

What a waste of an amazing Corima track wheelset also. I would trade all my track wheels to own that set! At least they have the front wheel on the correct direction. That would just totally put things over the top if it was on backwards.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited

yuck
    • CommentAuthorKevint143

could be a custom re-paint?

But seriously this makes me sad...those mash frames seem like a joke in the first place and then to make the joke even more of a joke by putting those wheels on with risers/gear ratio? this is one bad joke
    • CommentAuthorNash

that bike fails is so many ways. Corima HR tubulars, really?
    • CommentAuthorKevint143

with cheap sugino cranks

Posted By: Nashthat bike fails is so many ways. Corima HR tubulars, really?
    So I think Kevint143 had it right and I was just hoping that it was some limited production that I could get my hands on. Oh well.
    • CommentAuthornikon13
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011

Posted By: terrible_one49Clearly the person that built that orange MASH has no clue what their doing. It's not even the correct size for them, judging by the seat being crammed all the way down.

You pretty much got this backwards… his saddle is a little low, but it's much closer to a proper fit than having your post jacked up sky high…

Not that I really support anything that's going on with this bike, but damn, most of this thread just reeks of jealousy.
    *is jealous of a mediocre aluminum poser bike that is a hallmark of frivolous spending on style over function*

Woots mc bootz, I'm gonna scoot on outta here!
    Posted By: nikon13You pretty much got this backwards… his saddle is a little low, but it's much closer to a proper fit than having your post jacked up sky high…

He has about 1" of post showing. That is not proper, by any means.

More and more, you're seeing professional track riders on the smallest size frames possible (for stiffness), with around 12"-14" of seatpost showing.

Even current "compact geometry" road bikes require more seatpost showing, which is because a smaller triangle on the frame creates a stiffer bottom bracket. A longer seatpost does not affect power transfer, yet absorbs more road vibration resulting in less rider fatigue.

• CommentAuthornikon13
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2011

Posted By: terrible_one49
    Posted By: nikon13You pretty much got this backwards… his saddle is a little low, but it's much closer to a proper fit than having your post jacked up sky high…

He has about 1" of post showing. That is not proper, by any means.

Didn't say it was proper, I said it was closer to proper.

Posted By: terrible_one49More and more, you're seeing professional track riders on the smallest size frames possible (for stiffness), with around 12"-14" of seatpost showing.

Even current "compact geometry" road bikes require more seatpost showing, which is because a smaller triangle on the frame creates a stiffer bottom bracket. A longer seatpost does not affect power transfer, yet absorbs more road vibration resulting in less rider fatigue.

You're all over the place with this rebuttal.

1. Just because pro track racers have their posts jacked way up, doesn't make it right. Also, even if you do give into the argument that smaller frames provide you with a greatly measured improvement in stiffness, you must also realize that there may be other reasons for them doing this… such as the fact that most of these frames are only available in a limited number of sizes.

2. We're not even talking about a pro racers track specific bike, we're talking about a street specific fixed gear.

3. Who mentioned compact geometry? Aside from you, in a weak attempt to bolster your argument.

You really buy into corporate flim-flam easily, don't you?

Posted By: terrible_one49Clearly the person that built that orange MASH has no clue what their doing. It's not even the correct size for them, judging by the seat being crammed all the way down. Damn, the seat is almost lower than the bars! Might as well just get a beach cruiser. What bothers me most is the little tiny chainring and huge rear cog. They are probably riding a low 60's gearing, so they can top out at 5mph.

What a waste of an amazing Corima track wheelset also. I would trade all my track wheels to own that set! At least they have the front wheel on the correct direction. That would just totally put things over the top if it was on backwards.

This quote just smacks of jealousy, doesn't it?
    • CommentAuthorf64

Meh, those wheels are a bit heavy..
    There are many reasons, other than just stiffness related, to why track racers are riding smaller frames and compact geometry for road bikes. Fit, slightly lighter, shorter top-tube for pursuit setups, ride quality, etc.

I go for fit before ALL these things. I have long legs and a short torso, so it's necessary to have my seat rather high, but requiring a frame with a shorter top tube. That's really what this all comes down to, is fit.

I forgot for a second we were talking about the MASH. So, with that in mind… it makes sense that this kid only has 1" of seatpost showing, since the "pursuit" geometry on the MASH just means a longer seat-tube to get that forward slopping top-tube. If it was a level top-tube, more seatpost would be showing of course.

Yeah, I may be jealous because I love those Corima wheels and it's shame they are on such a horrible build. However, I've owned a MASH before and really disliked it due to its geometry and handling, so I don't care.

Anyway, this is a pointless argument. However, you cannot deny that bike geometry and fit has changed a lot in the past 10-20 years. The bikes today don't fit like the bikes designed in the 1970's-80's. Things change old man.
    • CommentAuthorWilburito

That bike belongs to a Fashion Victim.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.