velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthormeatman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2010

So I just spoke to Affinity about ordering a frame. I like the "sparkly black" color they have, but they told me around April they're going to switch it up and do some different colors. I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket, but now I'm thinking of waiting till April to see what the new colors are. I'd love a red one... Anyway, is anyone out there "in the know" with them? Anyone hear any rumors of what they're going to do?
    I would say just wait for the new colors and if you don't like them buy llast years model
    I would say just wait for the new colors and if you don't like them buy llast years model
    • CommentAuthormeatman
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010

That's what I'm thinking... I just HATE waiting that long
    I had the black sparkle and its just me but I didnt like it that much I prefer the mat black.
    • CommentAuthormeatman

^ I can understand... the guy I spoke to said it wasn't too flashy, pretty subtle. Is that true?
    It really wasnt that nice besides giving a purplish look in bright light shining on it and the sparkle isnt THAT noticeable but I can imagine red being very nice.
    • CommentAuthormeatman

Cool Benson, thanks for the info! Oh man, red is my all time favorite color, and yet for some reason I've never had a red bike?!
    • CommentAuthorJUSTomar
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011

MATTE BLACK is to generic, as for the black/purple in the sun, ehh doesn't really matter it's not much of a difference. it's a tiny detail of purple. think of it like a candy black.... THE LO PRO IS A LO PRO, THE PAINT WONT MAKE YOU FASTER!
    Ok.
    • CommentAuthorDinosaur
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011

my buddy rides the sparkly black one. it's pretty nice i like it, but i'd like to see some new colors too.
    I've never been a fan of Matte black paint jobs. In my opinion It makes frames look dull and cheap. The only time i like those type of paint jobs is when it's offset by brighter colored decals.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011

I think its funny when somebody bumps a thread for no reason like this and a whole crop of new responses pop up.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Posted By: veggieI think its funny when somebody bumps a thread for no reason like this and a whole crop of new responses pop up.

The funny thing is 99 % of thread revives are made by some guy making a pointless comment
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo

cool thanks for that insight JUSTomar

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.