velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Not looking to use a buffer and not looking something that looks like a professional finish. Just want to give my cranks and chainring some shine.
    • CommentAuthorelhephe
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010

rag.
    elbow grease.

or use a buffer, which is the same thing but a lot quicker.
    • CommentAuthorpeterabbit

easy off or lye to strip the anodization + simichrome. if you wanna go big sand everything down with like 100 => 220 => 500 => 1000 grit sandpaper first.
    Start with a Scotchbrite pad instead of sandpaper. That stuff's amazingly hard. Gives a nice brushed finish, too.
    Toothpaste and a brush....
    • CommentAuthorgridplan

A little Simichrome (link) on a rag. The stuff is amazing.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: LV1There are ,, color and shape to and is the theme of . main quality standards and material use that different from others. Very and time any wear and tear of is perfect. stylish, and go, these are in many forms, such as type, up to the , etc. Very stylish and fashionable now from any private store or shop very cost effective price . Highly durable, long lasting, waterproof is made of different materials such as leather. pricing depends on the material and its .

Man, that is So cool. Thanks for sharing!
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

I followed this tutorial when polishing my cranks and stem. It is fairly comprehensive, and while it may not be the cheapest method, it's probably going to the be the most efficient/effective.

I used this bench grinder, which I found on sale for around 35 bucks at Lowes. The rest of the necessary components (buffing pads/compound, oven cleaner, simple green) were not very expensive.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

Posted By: LV1There are ,, color and shape to and is the theme of . main quality standards and material use that different from others. Very and time any wear and tear of is perfect. stylish, and go, these are in many forms, such as type, up to the , etc. Very stylish and fashionable now from any private store or shop very cost effective price . Highly durable, long lasting, waterproof is made of different materials such as leather. pricing depends on the material and its .

Posted By: quidose

Man, that is So cool. Thanks for sharing!

Somehow this spam somewhat convincingly fits in
    On a forum I used to run, I gave a bot like this an award for nearly achieving sapience.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.