velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Chicago winters are brutal, you can still ride but when it's snowing and the wind chill brings the temp down to -30 you don't really want to. That being said what are some other things that you do over the winter to keep your spirits up and your legs going?

Thought You Knew PinUp Calendar is hosting sprints this Thursday at the Empty Bottle for all you Chicago people.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=166982463342556&index=1
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010

Rollers in front of a TV.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Rollers in front of a TV is a great idea! :)

Or how about just use the time to build your summer bike?

It's a ton of fun :)
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes

Personally I'll be tearing apart my geared project for some much-needed TLC, new parts, and maybe a new paint job.

Once it dries up outside all the work will be sooo worth it.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Start strength training your legs/core and shock everyone with your superhuman cycling power when the weather shifts.
    • CommentAuthormeatman

move to Austin and ride everyday!!!
    You can go to a gym. As long as you don't mind people engaging in extended eye contact with you.

Billy
    i want to move south so bad just so i can ride everyday and not wonder if my toes officially have frost bite, but one more semester of school before i can think of anything like that.
    • CommentAuthoruhler

get out the spin bike and watch the last 5 years of tdf
    • CommentAuthorSNEK

spin class at the y, great for staying in shape and checkin out the biker milfs
    connect a spin bike to a genorator and then to your TV so you gotta WORK FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT mwhahaha
    Posted By: SNEKspin class at the y, great for staying in shape and checkin out the biker milfs

Spin class sucks ass.
    Ty concluded all my thoughts here: http://www.thefootdown.co.uk/2010/11/18/spin-class-sucks-big-style/

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.