velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorf64
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010

Radial rear = fail

" don't particularly like carbon, mostly because of the flex, when im climbing hills. "

I hope you're kidding.
    Posted By: P A U Ltake a 1/8" drill bit to your frame.

Posted By: P A U Lradially lace your wheels.

Posted By: P A U Ldon't particularly like carbon, mostly because of the flex,

Please don't take this guys suggestions and take a drill or hacksaw to your frame.
    Changing the lace pattern on your wheel will not make them lighter. Why would ANYONE think that?

Carbon fiber is stiffer then your low-end Scrambler frame. From experience, all the carbon fiber parts on my bike are much stiffer than the high-end aluminum part they replaced.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

dude's bike would be lighter if he got the right size frame. and radial lacing wheels does make them a bit lighter because of the shorter spokes.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

The Scrambler is some other guy's bike.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: quidoseThe Scrambler is some other guy's bike.
    i was talking about p a u l
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010 edited

• CommentAuthoryobaby

less air in your tyres, go 120psi instead of 130psi...
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: the rabbi
    Posted By: quidoseThe Scrambler is some other guy's bike.
    i was talking about p a u l

Yeah, that's not Paul's. It's the only bike he friended - belongs to fleeat.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: P A U Ltake a 1/8" drill bit to your frame.

used to do this to my bmx frames (when 6.5lbs was scary light and normal frames were around 8lbs). we used to go to town on the bottom brackets, seat tubes, head tubes. we'd also grind away the "beefy" drop out until they they could only take a slammed rear wheel.

I guess we were ahead of our time (judging by frame styles these days), but i am very surprised a frame never failed on me...
    • CommentAuthorNash

yea that was pretty much a total FAIL of suggestions. I have an idea, dont eat the 4lb burrito at lunch and you have shaved more weight than any of those terrible suggestions
    Posted By: Nashdont eat the 4lb burrito at lunch

Burro! You, sir, are clearly not capable of eating the four pound burrito. Those of us who are wear them with pride.
    Mm.

Burrito.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Does anybody else have mission burrito?
    You mean, like, go on burrito missions? Yes, but not as frequently as I used to. We're doing cabbage soup this week, btw. It's my son's birthday tomorrow.. We're going to a locally owned Chuck E Cheese kind of place and I don't know what the hell we're going to do for food there...
    • CommentAuthorveggie

http://www.missionburritos.com/

It seems they are Houston only.
    I remember biksnob made fun of some hipsters with their fixies who gave out burritos to the poor
    http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2010/05/relief-efforts-all-you-haters-soothe-my.html
    ^this is good haha^
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010 edited

Posted By: bensonisajewI remember biksnob made fun of some hipsters with their fixies who gave out burritos to the poor
    http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2010/05/relief-efforts-all-you-haters-soothe-my.html

The things that caught my attention when BSNYC snarked at those d00dz:

1. They made the burritos a day before they distributed them. Don't homeless people like fresh, hot burritos just like everyone else?

2. Santa Ana is an outrageously flat city, and not very stretched out (about 5 miles by 5 miles). As such, it's an excellent town for navigating purely by fixed-gear. Why did they need to pickup-truck their schweet track bikes out to bike the stale burritos out a few blocks? Doesn't seem very environmentally sound to me.

3. Oh, right; they did it so there'd be something to video.

Sorry for the cynicism.

As the Snob often observes, ridiculously overdone burritos (such as the four-pound burrito) are a San Francisco treat. But generally, Mexican food in the Bay Area is subpar, as my chilango brothernlaw regularly observes. There's usually not much point in eating Mexican anywhere other than a mobile taqueria-in-an-RV, since it'll be fresher and cheaper that way. I often envy Southern Californians, Texans and (from what I understand) Chicagoans for their ready access to a better class of Mexican grub.

Never eat a burrito bigger than your head.

On the other hand, I once had dinner on a Sunday night in Pasco, WA at a Chinese restaurant with flocked-velvet wallpaper and an all-Mexican waitstaff, just because it was the only place in town that was open. It was by far the worst Chinese food I've ever eaten in my life - roach coaches included.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010

Posted By: eaglerockI often envy Texans

Damn straight, so many good mexican restaurants here.

Posted By: eaglerockIt was by far the worst Chinese food I've ever eaten in my life

And chinese

And Thai

And Vietnamese

And Indian

I've probably forgotten a few.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010

This is a burrito project bike - https://velospace.org/node/29834

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.