velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Alot of questions among the forums can be answered quickly and easily with the use of a thread like this. So if you have a quick question no matter how dumb it is post it here :)

I'll start with mine Miche Pistard Vs Mavic ellipse for track and street use.
    Miche for track/street, Mavic for track.
    thanks benson miches it is
    You can edit your first post and change the title to "Quick question thread" and ask greg to sticky it
    • CommentAuthorCa Caw
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010

whats a suitable BB for a sugino aero mighty NJS stamped crankset?
    • CommentAuthorNash

I believe that all NJS approved BB will work with NJS cranksets with the exception being the Dura Ace octalink series, which use a splined type axle, rather than a square tapered axle. 109/109.5/110mm axle, English threaded (68) such as Hatta R9400, Sugino 75, Campagnolo NJS.
    • CommentAuthorspader725
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited

• CommentAuthorMancha150

Beautiful accident.

This is a great thread. 95% of my participation will be in this thread
    • CommentAuthorEl Toro

Looking into Sugino 75's for my conversion. Frame is an '88 peugeot. I ride in the rain occasionally so I'm looking for a sealed BB compatible with both frame (what kind of threading?) and 75 cranks. Suggestions?
    Posted By: El ToroLooking into Sugino 75's for my conversion. Frame is an '88 peugeot. I ride in the rain occasionally so I'm looking for a sealed BB compatible with both frame (what kind of threading?) and 75 cranks. Suggestions?

personally wouldn't recommend such an expensive crankset on a conversion frame, seems sort of like a waste of money to me but whatever I guess. Not sure exactly what to do about the BB. I use a Miche Primato BB for my 75's but they are english threaded, not french.
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo

My fixed gear has started making a very annoying clicking noise every time I push down on the left pedal. If I am applying force, on the left, something makes a click at the bottom of the stroke. It is not the pedal itself, I've already swapped it. Other than that, I dont know where to turn next. I cant hear it I am not on the bike; it requires downward torque during the spin.

Help!
    • CommentAuthorRood

Posted By: politburoMy fixed gear has started making a very annoying clicking noise every time I push down on the left pedal. If I am applying force, on the left, something makes a click at the bottom of the stroke. It is not the pedal itself, I've already swapped it. Other than that, I dont know where to turn next. I cant hear it I am not on the bike; it requires downward torque during the spin.

Help!

sounds like a pitted BB. Open it up and take a look
    I see good things in the future of this thread, or at least a lot of use.

Posted By: El ToroLooking into Sugino 75's for my conversion. Frame is an '88 peugeot. I ride in the rain occasionally so I'm looking for a sealed BB compatible with both frame (what kind of threading?) and 75 cranks. Suggestions?

These do seem like overkill for a conversion BUT I suppose it would be more economical in the long run when you buy a new frame etc. As far as what would be compatible I don't know but http://www.sheldonbrown.com/velos.html#bottom would probably be a good place to start.

Posted By: politburoMy fixed gear has started making a very annoying clicking noise every time I push down on the left pedal.

Chainring, maybe?
    • CommentAuthorlatron
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited

Posted By: spader725
    I accidentally won some campy cranks on ebay. Can some1 tell me what cranks these are, and an inexpensive bottom bracket that would work with these cranks so I can use them for myold road bike?

Don't know that model, but as a guess, I'd say to try a 111mm Campy BB. Any lower-end group is fine -- Veloce, etc.
    • CommentAuthoryeeyek8

I agree with beastmaster on the chainring. Happened once to my friend and once to myself, both times it bothered the shit of us, and it turns out it was just a loose bolt. That's my 2 cents at least -- not necessarily factual, just anecdotal=]
    Posted By: Rood
    Posted By: politburoMy fixed gear has started making a very annoying clicking noise every time I push down on the left pedal. If I am applying force, on the left, something makes a click at the bottom of the stroke. It is not the pedal itself, I've already swapped it. Other than that, I dont know where to turn next. I cant hear it I am not on the bike; it requires downward torque during the spin.

Help!

sounds like a pitted BB. Open it up and take a look

rood is right.
    i had the same problem awhile back; all it took for me was expanding the bottom bracket, cleaning, re-greasing, and retightening everything and the noise went away. if youre working with a sealed cartridge bb, then it may just mean your cranks need tightening, or are stripping. good luck.
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010

it was a chainring bolt. Sanity: restored.
    For a future build, I'd like to use a loose bearing bottom bracket. But it seems that the only modern market for these things is track racing, so I'm stuck getting one with an ISO taper--not too bad, as benscycle has Sugino 68's for $65. But ISO cranks are another matter.

Does anyone know of cranks that use an ISO taper but don't cost upwards of $200?
    Posted By: Mancha150Beautiful accident.

This is a great thread. 95% of my participation will be in this thread

Thankyou :) greg sticky?
    Posted By: supremebean87For a future build, I'd like to use a loose bearing bottom bracket. But it seems that the only modern market for these things is track racing, so I'm stuck getting one with an ISO taper--not too bad, as benscycle has Sugino 68's for $65. But ISO cranks are another matter.

Does anyone know of cranks that use an ISO taper but don't cost upwards of $200?

look for a used mighty/75/campy track bb on ebay. You should be able to score one for $30-40 on a good day.

or get just the spindle and use cheaper cups/bearings or ones that you already have.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.