velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Today, I almost got run over when I went for groceries at 12 pm and the ass hole in the mercedes was reading the paper instead of looking at the road.

Post your own stories
    to quote my roomate "the most dangerous thing while on your bike is a beautiful woman" due to the honesty of this statement i have had my fair share of close calls
    oh yes that brings up a good memory. Yesterday while in starbucks I was chatting with my friend about our falls.

His worst one was when he saw this SMOKIN HOT!!11 girl on the other side of the street. Long story short $2000 worth of damages to a parked car and a concussion.

The other time he was riding an old road bike of mine that snapped in half, so I gave it to him and he ended up welding it back together. So anyways its a huge piece of shit and he took the shifters off and the brakes.

ANYWAYS, my friend ted shreds it and just drags his feet on the ground in his toms (the ultimate hipster shoe) and he came up to a stop light and got blindsided.
    • CommentAuthordelacruzkid
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited

After a school event, me and my friend rode to his house and I said my farewells. No longer than 10 seconds later after I left, some idiot almost hit me because he didn't turn on his turn signal, so I thought he was going to continue going straight. Well, he made a sudden turned and I swerved out the way and cursed out loud. Luckily, he stopped in time and I crossed safely. I turned around and I said "Fuck you!" as loud I could and the driver looked speechless. Screw him and his Civic.
    back before I started viewing these forums, I would never curse at someone or flip people off. But looking at all these threads over the past few months, I see people flipping others off and keying or ulocking cars. I just started flipping people off now because of this forum lol
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010

Be careful cursing at people, you never know when someone will take you out. I know I'm guilty of doing it when I'm really angry, but I know I shouldn't.
    Posted By: delacruzkidAfter a school event, me and my friend rode to his house and I said my farewells. No longer than 10 seconds later after I left, some idiot almost hit me because he didn't turn on his turn signal, so I thought he was going to continue going straight. Well, he made a sudden turned and I swerved out the way and cursed out loud. Luckily, he stopped in time and I crossed safely. I turned around and I said "Fuck you!" as loud I could and the driver looked speechless. Screw him and his Civic.

Another time I almost died was in this one situation, There were two left hand turn lanes, and I saw the cars in front were turning left, so i was on the outside of the outermost left hand turn lane, and as the light turned green, I started going forward. I was taking a wide left hand turn and as I took off quickly I started turning left, ONLY to have the car SPEED by me almost killing me. He had his left turn signal on, but apparently he changed his mind waiting at the light and I had no idea he had changed his mind. Damn that pissed me off
    Posted By: veggieBe careful cursing at people, you never know when someone will take you out. I know I'm guilty of doing it when I'm really angry, but I know I shouldn't.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I was in the moment and I couldn't help it.
    • CommentAuthorbobdol3
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010

last weekend i was going up a hill and this car was coming from a side street. i made eye contact with the driver and she waved me forward to go ahead.as i was passing her, the car lunged forward and got into my little section of the road, almost crushing me into another car and she did not even look back at me. i got mad and on the descent i caught up to her and smashed my foot into the rear light. i broke the light and just ended up leaving. a very bad thing to do but in the heat of the moment, i really didn't care
    Posted By: bobdol3last weekend i was going up a hill and this car was coming from a side street. i made eye contact with the driver and she waved me forward to go ahead.as i was passing her, the car lunged forward and got into my little section of the road, almost crushing me into another car and she did not even look back at me. i got mad and on the descent i caught up to her and smashed my foot into the rear light. i broke the light and just ended up leaving. a very bad thing to do but in the heat of the moment, i really didn't care

good for you man, violence isnt always the answer but in this case I think it was
    • CommentAuthormeatman

I've been "almost killed" more times than I could count. I've been intentionally run off the road twice, which resulted in ambulance trips to the hospital both times. Both times, the drivers weren't caught. I don't have insurance, so now I owe the hospital just shy of $60,000....
    fuck those bitches strait up then man
    Posted By: roadbikebreckback before I started viewing these forums, I would never curse at someone or flip people off. But looking at all these threads over the past few months, I see people flipping others off and keying or ulocking cars. I just started flipping people off now because of this forum lol

Some people just shouldn't Internet.
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. Newman
    Posted By: roadbikebreckback before I started viewing these forums, I would never curse at someone or flip people off. But looking at all these threads over the past few months, I see people flipping others off and keying or ulocking cars. I just started flipping people off now because of this forum lol

Some people just shouldn't Internet.

I hope RBB doesn't play first person shooters.

I've gotten into the habit of knocking on people's windows and wagging my finger at them when they do something stupid. What I say and which finger I wag varies depending on the situation.
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak

i was talking to my prof about being side swiped by a car. (as a preface, this man is my hero. hero as in, he drives to redlands and buys/eats a dozen doughnuts before riding up to big bear city on his Dean SS for a brunch and back home before the day is half done.) he told me he's broken mirrors for the same trespasses. he lives in one of the neighborhoods i'm not too keen on between my house and school, and i'm guessing the sideviews he's smashed are from near there. i don't know man, dude's a tough dude.
    • CommentAuthorurchin0903

why would he drive to redlands for doughnuts? have i missed a good doughnut shop?
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010

i think he leaves his car near the university and rides up the 138.
    • CommentAuthorurchin0903
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010

ooo i bet hes stopping at the one in mentone. they have these amazing cream puffs
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010 edited

Everyone who rode past a mall on black friday almost got hit by a car. Shoppers are not in their right mind.
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010

Great deals! The key that unlocks humanities feral nature. It was pretty insane out there today :(

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.