velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorjamesyolk
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010

I stumbled upon this picture while browsing the web and found this handlebar very appealing.
    But I have no luck finding it online.
    Any pointers?
    • CommentAuthormeatman

it honestly looks a lot like my Soma Sparrow bars "flipped up". I don't know though.....

https://velospace.org/node/33353
    • CommentAuthorjamesyolk

I think it looks like a mustache bar but with less "curve".
    It's like between mustache and a cruiser style bar.
    Anybody know?
    • CommentAuthormeatman

I'm pretty sure those are the same bars.... you can tell from the pic that they curve out
    taking into account the guy's hipness, I'd say they're legit Cinelli Priest bars. Saw them go for $400 on eBay not too long ago.

A budget solution: Ahearne-MAP bars:

I have a set on my Kilo TT; they are quite nice.
    Posted By: the fumingator
    I have a set on my Kilo TT; they are quite nice.

Post that sucker, I want to see it!
    • CommentAuthorjamesyolk

thanks meatman and fumingator, seems like I found it.
    Bens Cycle has the black Cinelli version for a little cheaper than Ahearne-MAP, but I do want the chrome/silver color.
    And I am with morethanwords777, i want to see it as well!
    • CommentAuthorquidose

• CommentAuthorSkidMark

It's just a typical aluminum touring or tourist bar.
    that guy looks like a boss though, u gotta admit
    • CommentAuthormeatman

Posted By: roadbikebreckthat guy looks like a boss though, u gotta admit

maybe the "hipster boss". However, I don't even like giving him that. There's only one "Boss", and he's from Jersey!
    • CommentAuthorheadphone
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited

Ahearne-MAP bars. definitely not cinelli priests because that appears to be a nitto stem.

also very, very similiar: jitensha flat bars. flat/no rise.

I think these bars are wrist killers if you have low bars / high saddle. they work best with roughly equal saddle to bar drop (or higher bars than saddle). the extra width is awesome, though.
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

actually, here's a different shot:

I change my opinion.

the ahearne-map bars are not sleeved (as far as I can tell)...and these bars are clearly sleeved. not jitensha bars because of the rise. they must be cinelli priests...and that's probably a panto'd cinelli 1A stem, instead (I thought the stem was a nitto pearl or technomic due to the shape & engraving on the side). doesnt look like there are cinelli logos on the bars, though...maybe they're not coming through on the photography or they've been worn down.

but, ahearne-map / jitensha / cinelli priests...they're all basically the same. so this is all pedantic.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Velo Orange
    I have been meaning to buy these: http://cgi.ebay.com/TIKI-MOUSTACHE-ROAD-TOURING-TRACK-HANDLEBAR-BAR-/290501252075?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a33953eb
    Or the Velo Orange Milan. They're both similar. Aaron, you still want some money for them? Or some sort of dolphin fetish item?
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: suicide_doorsdolphin fetish item

yes.

[edit]I forgot that greg removed the web page category from the "my stuff" page. For the benefit of everyone who hasn't read this:
    http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html
    • CommentAuthorjamesyolk
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010

• CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010

Posted By: jamesyolkI found this on ebay and it's really cheap. Should I go for it?

Cheap? Are you sure? I recognize that seller; notice that he's charging twice the BIN price for shipping. What's retail on that same bar?

For what it's worth, he's also misidentified the bar. It's not the Tiki, which is Origin 8's name for the traditional curved mustache bar; it's actually the Citi Classic.

http://www.origin-8.com/?page_id=48&cl1=HANDLEBARS
    [edit]I forgot that greg removed the web page category from the "my stuff" page. For the benefit of everyone who hasn't read this:
    http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html

Q1) How do I tell a male dolphin from a female one?

That's an important question! Cuz what if you were a dude, and you had sex with a male dolphin? That would be so gay!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.